Official Pride 2007 March Crossing special events

Martita B.

I have been thinking of the styleshow, next March. Even if it's a tad 'bit early, I think it would be amusing to add a "series" of Easter Bonnets.:D MaryBT, do you know the music, "Easter Parade?" As we will have clever and creative minds aboard, I can picture some of the "milliner" our haberdasher Guests will present at the show! (shall we call them "madhatter's?")

Thule-ee, you may need to model TWICE!

It's just an idea, but "hats" in the Runway Show" would be an added touch!

Martita B.:rolleyes:

Model twice? Shy, demure, reticent little ol' moí? :o Hmmm - that would mean a 4th hat box - not sure if it'll fit in my SUV with the 6 steamer trunks... :D

But I do think a mini-Easter Parade hat soireé is a good idea, perhaps along with a Sunday champagne brunch? Maybe have some sort of creative workshop earlier if there's a rainy morning...

Thule--ee,

O.K. I "googled" March 2007

March 19th-Ft. Laud

March 21st & 29th--Formal Evening's

Club Night will probably be either the 24th or 25th

March 28th--Ponta Delgada

March 23rd is "Toast Day"

March 24th is "Harry Houdini Day"

March 26th is "Make up Your Own Holiday"

March 31st Lisboa

I vote for March 26th as "What Not To Wear On a Seabourn Ship Styleshow":eek:

Everyone vote as to a date.

Wadda 'ya think?

MB

26th sounds good to me - by that time most will know I'm not really THAT bizarre ;) .

And on the 23rd (toast day) do we all dress up as Melba? :rolleyes: Or do we clear out their stocks and see what kind of easter hats we can make from toast?

27th would be a good day to keep things light since I don't look forward to trekking around a volcano (extinct or otherwise) the next day, with a nasty hangover :( .

On the 20th (first full day at sea) - is that the day we all pretend to just be there for the relaxation (While secretly plotting more devious merrymaking...)?

Phil~~~March 20th is my day to "hang clothes on line in bath-tub. Steam out the wrinkles!" Quickest and easiest way I know.....:o

March 23rd is "drinking and toastin' day!" Everyone has to start the round with a "toast!":confused:

March 27th is "help Cheffy Ioan make his Grocery list!":rolleyes: (The grocery store in Ponta Delgada is HUGE!)

I agree as to a "workshop" for the hat making~~~we'll work hard and drink Champagne!:o

Enjoy your Sunday!

MB

Another vote for March 26th. I also like the wonderful idea of an Easter Bonnet category. Hmmm, I am thinking I could take an accessory from my Outdoor Loungingwear entry and transforming it into the Easter Bonnet from Hell or Easter Bonnet from way South. :) Maybe I should just stick to the one category I do worst in! ;):D

For those that would enjoy either "modeling" a hat or "wearing" one to the event, you will need to bring your chapeau and the hat trimming's. It would be fun to meet in the Constellation Lounge a couple of days before and create the "Easter Bonnets!"

I'll be happy to help with the design and artistry as I won't be wearng one......I'll be commentating!

MBT, you might enjoy wearing a "Grand piano" type hat!

A zillion ideas come to mind!!!:D

Martita B.

Hi kids - wonderful ideas for special events! We would certainly like to participate in the fundraiser auction. Love the Easter bonnet idea - did that on a past Easter cruise...and I might be able to talk DH into doing a modeling thing invoving a kilt...Think I'll wait till closer to the time so he won't have too much time to think about it!

Keep up the good work! We can already tell this is going to be a special cruise!:rolleyes:

Off to So. America so will check in when we return!

Cheers,

Dee

Dee, Yes, pleeeeze talk Hubby into modeling! I have a good friend who told me, "OH, my husband can model the outfit he mows the lawn in~~~~" The kilt ensemble sounds divine!

Yes, we will enjoy the "Silent Auction" with the proceeds going to the Crew Fund. We can all bring "something special" from home.......I'm going to bring a "Limgoes" cruise ship box that I have had for some time.

And yes, our Seabourn Crossing's are truly magical! And no two are alike! Always fun and seasoned Sailor's aboard. You will have so much fun, I bet you will book 2008, aboard!

Smooth seas and blue skies in South America!

MB

I'm looking for the music to In Your Easter Bonnet. One would think I am old enough to have that someplace! YES, I want to wear a Piano Hat! My husband, DT says he just might be "seasick" on Fashion Show Day but I know he will NOT!

To Lady Lunar: I think the Mary you were originally thinking of is our OTHER friend, Mary.

MaryBT

MaryBT, Oh yes, you must wear a "grand piano hat!" Start searching on E-Bay!:p

And pleeeeze encourage Mr. D. to bring his "lawn-mowin' ensemble!" He must model~~~~(Oh, he could bring a 'lit child's lawn mower to complete his outfit)

No tellin' what Sante Fe JB will "show up in????:eek: OR "The Birmingham Boy's?":D

MB

Pride March Crossers, I have a serious question for you. Pleeeeze be honest answering it......

I am thinking of inviting a "colorful Officer" to model (OH heavens NO, not Captain Toenis T!!) in our styleshow. I won't reveal his name here......but, he does enjoy "dressing up in quirky outfits".......I was thinkin' of embelishing his Boiler Room suit with a black formal bow tie......maybe some outrageous socks, with sandals, a goofy type basball hat, etc., etc......just a few adornments.

Do 'yall think his modeling would diminish "respect" in any way? I would NEVER, EVER think of being disrespectful of an Officer, Staff or Crew member......I'm their Head Cheerleader.

What do you think? We certainly want to uphold the utmost decorum!!!

Martita

Were there plans for the "style" event to somehow also be a fundraising event? If so, I'd say it absolutely wouldn't diminish respect. If it is just for fun, I'd say it should be up to him - address it to him in such a manner as to let him know it's totally his call and that you don't want pressure him or to lessen his stature and to take it in the spirit (or Pride) of having fun...

I think most people admire an officer who's willing to "let loose" with guests on occasion, as long as we know he's all-business when "on duty."

Phil, I agree as to simply inviting the Officer.....and explaining that if he would prefer NOT to model, we would certainly understand.

On the Pride Crossing, I took my decorative "Longhorn tiara, with PINK maribu trim" up to the Bridge and ask a certain Officer (OH no, wasn't Captain Toenis T.) if he wanted to wear it to the "Tickled Pink Gala...." he rolled his eyes, at first, then announced: "Ya' know, Marta, I would very MUCH like to wear your HORNS.....thank you for sharing your headpiece!!!" Wellll, 'course he was THE big hit of the evening! I think HE had more folks snappin' his picture than anyone there......(HE GRINNED all EVENING)

Sometimes, we Guests forget that the Officer's like to have FUN, too!

Other opinions????

MB

My new jammies arrived today! Can't wait to get home and try them on! I just hope They aren't too warm :( ... Maybe we could have the party on deck early, early morning! ;)

Thule-ee, Oh, I'm just dyin' to see your party pajamas! Might you post a 'lit picture for us to see?

I found and purchased my robe-de-chamber~~~a pretty long dark black, sheer, dressing gown trimmed in black maribu and jet sequins.

I'll wear black satin "kitten heeled" mules, with black maribu. I'm thinking of wearing, underneath, plain black silk lounging pajamas. I already have a black feathered hand fan! Of course, opera length pearls~~~~~~

I so hope this ensemble won't be TOO dressy for a simple Seabourn morning "affair!" Wellll, champagne and caviar will be served!

(to quote one Dolly Parton, "it's expensive and alot work to look this CHEAP!)

'See 'ya a'round the water cooler!

Huggggzzz sent,

Martita B.

I'll have to email you concerning your chamber outfit when I get home - no hotmail allowed at work.

This sneak-peek of the jammies will have to do for now...

ducky.jpg.350c1dc70f1722777b72e1b690a38700.jpg

Thule-ee, morning socializing pajamas, DIVINE!

I have the most perfect accessories for you......I'll bring 'em!

(what size house slippers do you wear?)

'OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MORNING???" DEE DUM DEE DUM........:p

MB

OHHHH, I was thinkin' "Rubber Ducky" slippers......But, your P.J. feet are much more appropriate........

Shall we have caviar or smoked salmon with our champagne?

I was amused by the Maitre'D........he told me, "Miss Marta, let's have a large platter of smoked salmon.....it'll look prettier!" So we DID!

MB

I'm allergic to most fishy thingies, but can put up with caviar, lobster, crab and shrimp, if I take my benedryl beforehand.

Then again, given the subject matter of the PJ's, maybe smoked duck?

AFLAC!! :rolleyes:

Thule-ee, I'm thinking of asking "Cheffy" to simplify our Pajama Social menu and serving small 'lit quiche's, a fruit tray AND donuts!

Mainly "finger foods"......

Wadda 'ya think? Will this be agreeable with you?

"Nothin' like plannin' ahead!"

Have a :p weekend!

Martita B.

• 4 weeks later...

Miss Martita - I understand you're continuing on, after Lisboa?

I've seen Norm's photos of you watching the Pride sail away and it was mentioned on the Lisbon thread. Since I'll be forcibly pulled off the ship at Lisbon (screaming, crying, and clawing at the carpeting, I'm sure :( ), I would like to plan on being at the same spot to bid y'all a further bon voyage. Is this event easy to execute?

Archived