Questions on Rum Point

excitedcruiser

We are 4 adults planning on going to Cayman Islands in August. We are going to be renting a car(Budget or Avis). I have a few questions about Rum Point. Do they rent snorkle gear or just the life vests if we bring our own gear? Do they have lockers? Do they open before 10:00 am. Is there an admission charge? Are there pushy vendors? Will we pass Hard Rock Cafe or Margarittaville on the way? Any information you have would be grateful.

I have never been to Rum Point, but i have been to Cayman 3 times, Hard rock is right across from the dock and i hear Margaritaville is also within walking distance. If you are going to rent a car remember the steering wheels are on the right side, I had to really concentrate because i am not used to driving on the wrong side of the street, you can ask for a car with the steering wheel on the left. Cayman does not have pushy venders like some of the other islands.

We are 4 adults planning on going to Cayman Islands in August. We are going to be renting a car(Budget or Avis). I have a few questions about Rum Point. Do they rent snorkle gear or just the life vests if we bring our own gear?

They rent masks & snorkels, fins, and/or snorkel vests among various watersports activities which are available. You may certainly bring your own snorkel gear if you so choose.

Do they have lockers?
No. Lockers are not available. You could lock items inside your rental car.

Do they open before 10:00 am.
The waterposrts operation opens before 10am, currently by about 8am. The bar and grill usually is set to open at 10am.

Is there an admission charge?
No.

Are there pushy vendors?
No. Absolutely not.

Will we pass Hard Rock Cafe or Margarittaville on the way? Any information you have would be grateful.
Hard Rock Cafe and Margaritaville are located in Georgetown within easy walking distance of where the cruise ship tenders dock. You will not pass those locations while driving from where you pick up your rental car to Rum Point.

Thanks so much for all the information. It was a great help. Looks like we will be visiting Rum Point.

Drew is so right...what a lucky guy he is to live there.

Grand Cayman is like the Beverly Hills of the Caribbean. It's a safe place to wander around. No one will ask you to buy a thing. No one will pester you a bit. It's paradise there... :)

Rum Point is beautiful, and so is the drive there. If you have time, stop at Pure Art. It's about a mile out of town (on your way to RP). They have so many local crafts...from Xmas ornaments, to paintings. It's in a small white house (and the front faces the side street) on the corner of the main street and side street.

Has anyone ever taken the glass bottom boat from Rum Point to Stingray City? I am renting a Jeep and driving to RP. I was also hoping to do the Stingrays. Would this be a good idea or would take up too much time? Thanks!

Ask someone working with the water toys at Rum Point where the beach that has all the Star fish is. They will point down the beach to a row of palm trees, hop back in your car and run over there. Well worth the 5 min ride. Saw at least 30 within the first 10 min. If we would of had a mask I'm sure we would of seen hundreds.

Archived