Vibrations on Coral Princess

Tide Pride

We were on the Panama Cruise in January in D717. I must admit the only time I noticed a vibration was when we were rushing to port to land a passenger for hospital so we were certainly going full speed. At normal cruising speed it was fine, 3 of us were in the cabin and we never notice a vibration.

That's the opposite from us! I wonder if the vibration is a port side problem. If not, could be the time of year, weather, alcohol * , etc.

We sailed in late October, while one of the hurricanes was bearing down on the Caribbean. :eek: However, I think we actually noticed the vibration more during the first leg of our cruise when the seas were not as rough. Leaving from FLL and down through the Atlantic, until we reached open waters, could have been the problem that first night. As I said, we either got use to the vibration or it went away.

*We were in bed by 11:30 most nights, and do not consume a huge amount of alcohol, so we were aware of our surroundings. How about you? :D

We were on Coral's third sailing a few years ago. I reported the vibration in my review at that time but from the description it sounds like they dampened it somewhat. I suspect they installed some vibration dampeners but they cannot get rid of it all.

I can't find your review. Do you know what cabin you were in?

Archived