Question about digital photo's on the Star

marcyjane

Yes, the Star does their own processing. I had some done last year while on the ship. I know they have changed their pricing for this year. I think

it was 29 cents per picture with a quanity order. The quality is very good. They were better than what Wal-mart does. Also if you don't want your memory card erased they won't. That was standard procedure.:)

One other question please do you stand there and do them yourself or do that take the card and do it for you.

Sorry to act so dumb about this, but just bought the camera last week end and been trying to get use to it. I am so impressed that when you go to review that you can zoom in and make the photo larger way to cool.

Thanks,

Marcy

On the shore you do it yourself, or you can do it yourself and stand there and do it yourself. On the ship you just drop off your memory chip and they will do it for you. Takes about 24 hours because of everything else they do.:)

Good grief, I sound like a Costco sales pitchman--which I'm not. But if you do have access to Costco (and I'm sure others such as Sam's Club do it this way too), you can upload your pictures to them from your computer, even in large, high-definition format, and before you can get out the door to go get them you'll get an e-mail saying they are ready. Seventeen cents each, 4 x 6. Mailed to your home if you prefer. I just wanted to note that you have so many possibilities for processing that you shouldn't feel pressed to have the ship process the pictures. I must confess, last month Costco took 90 minutes to process my order. The total number of pix, however, was over 400, from a trip to Maui.

Thanks for the info on Costco, but I live in a small town and Walmart or Echards Drugs and Walgreen is all the choices I have. I guess Nashville would have a Costco but that's 75 miles away.

Thanks,

Marcy

On the shore you do it yourself, or you can do it yourself and stand there and do it yourself. On the ship you just drop off your memory chip and they will do it for you. Takes about 24 hours because of everything else they do.:)

If you have it done on the ship and it takes 24 hours, you will want to have a 2nd memory card.

Archived