Flight into Oakland or SFO?

Mary Jane 711

In December we have to book a flight for our cruise out of SF. Does the transfer we paid for pick us up at either airport? Meaning, Oakland or San Fran. It would be good to know before booking any flights. I suppose I could call Princess, but not if I can find out here.:)

Hello - We are flying into Oakland for our San Francisco cruise departure. I was told that Princess only provides transfers from San Francisco Airport and NOT from Oakland AIrport. We have arranged for the SuperShuttle to take us from Oakland to our hotel at Fisherman's Wharf. The charge for two of us for a shared van is $47.20 total. The trip from Oakland to San Francisco is one for which the Super Shuttle requires an advance reservation. The cost to return to the airport after the cruise would only be $33 for two of us in a shared van that we are supposed to pick up at the taxi stand by the cruise ship port when we get off the ship. However, we are planning to wheel our luggage over to pier 39/41 and take the 10:15 AM or 12 Noon ferry boat across to Jack London Square in Oakland where our hotel (the Oakland Airport Hilton) will send a shuttle to pick us up. Total cost for two of us for the Ferry is only $8.75. We are planning to spend the night by the Oakland Airport because we have an early flight the next morning.

I hope this information is helpful.

Strawberry, Thanks for the input. I did call Princess this morning and verified that, indeed, the transfers are from SF airport and not Oakland. We will most likely cancel the transfers and get a shuttle from Oakland to the cruise terminal. There will really not be too much difference in price.

Hi. I live in the Bay Area and Oakland is so much easier to get in and out of. You will probably hit traffic no matter which airport you use, but you will get a lovely view of San Francisco when you come over the bay bridge.:)

Dianne

Hello - We are flying into Oakland for our San Francisco cruise departure. I was told that Princess only provides transfers from San Francisco Airport and NOT from Oakland AIrport. We have arranged for the SuperShuttle to take us from Oakland to our hotel at Fisherman's Wharf. The charge for two of us for a shared van is $47.20 total. The trip from Oakland to San Francisco is one for which the Super Shuttle requires an advance reservation. The cost to return to the airport after the cruise would only be $33 for two of us in a shared van that we are supposed to pick up at the taxi stand by the cruise ship port when we get off the ship. However, we are planning to wheel our luggage over to pier 39/41 and take the 10:15 AM or 12 Noon ferry boat across to Jack London Square in Oakland where our hotel (the Oakland Airport Hilton) will send a shuttle to pick us up. Total cost for two of us for the Ferry is only $8.75. We are planning to spend the night by the Oakland Airport because we have an early flight the next morning.

I hope this information is helpful.

We're taking the 10-day on the Golden out of SF next April. WE live locally

and love the idea of taking the ferry. i work in Oakland so we're just going

to park the car in the secured lot for 10 days and then walk to the ferry,

just a few blocks, and go that route to and from! I would have never thought

of this on my own.

Thank you

Archived