Promenade cabins

Hi RCI experts. We are considering RCI for the first time and have a question about promenade rooms. We usually take outside or balcony cabins and were wondering how this interior window works. Do they open? I understand that these give you the best view of the activities below, in particular, the parade(s). The ship we are thinking about is the Explorer. Thanks for your help.

Diehard Celebrity cruiser......or maybe not!

The Promenade cabins are for 2 people only. The windows do not open. They have a love seat under the window for your viewing comfort. Unless you want to give a "free show" to the people across the promenade be sure to close your curtains :)

Have a great time!

Promenade rooms are fun. We had one on deck 8, directly in the middle of the promenade, on the NOS. On deck 8 the windows lean out a little for a great view of the parade. Things are quiet except for the parade, but in connecting rooms the doors were so thin that all the noise can be heard...TV and conversations!

The windows cannot be opened for fire safety reasons. The promenade can be sealed off in case of fire. If the windows could be opened there would be no way to cut off the supply of air to a fire in the promenade.

I went on a Promenade stateroom on my Voyager Cruise Last year. IT WAS GREAT! I liked the view we had of the Royal Promenade and having it nice and quiet. (except for parades). You are able to sleep better in their because there wouldn't be a sun lighting through the room in the morning. It would be dark. Also, close the curtains for privacy because if you don't everyone can see into your room from the Royal Promenade.

Thanks so much to all of you who were kind enough to answer me. I think this will be a strong possibility, once we decide if we are booking. First, I have to make sure that current booking that I made on a previous Celebrity cruise will transfer to RCI and give me my OBC. Celebrity CC said it would, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Here's a link to a recent thread. There's even someone who posted a link to pictures of the rooms. They look great. I'm booked on the MOS for Sep 3/06. Paid $638/person (taxes and fees including) and got $100 on board ship credit for the cabin thrown in through the TA.

At that rate with a credit, who can afford to stay home!!

Oh, by the way, I can't get your link to work. I keep getting errors.

At that rate with a credit, who can afford to stay home!!

Oh, by the way, I can't get your link to work. I keep getting errors.

Tried it from home, instead of work. It was no problem; thanks for the input.

As long as you keep the same booking number when you transfer, the OBC will stay there. Make sure the agent knows up front you are transferring an existing booking , not getting a new one.

I did it last year from Celebrity to RCI with no problem.

Archived