Alcohol, NFL running backs, & naked debauchery…my EOS review with pictures.

Rustynail,

[SIZE=5]Ummmmm.........Okay :confused: [/SIZE]

Not really sure what prompted that but if you feel better now then I guess I'm happy.

Would anyone else like to throw out some random exclamation?

Maybe because he saw the words NFL and naked in my title he felt the urge to go Randy Moss on us sice something tells me he's a Minnesota fan.

[quote name='grizzy']Rustynail,

[size=5]Ummmmm.........Okay :confused: [/size]

Not really sure what prompted that but if you feel better now then I guess I'm happy.

Would anyone else like to throw out some random exclamation?

Maybe because he saw the words NFL and naked in my title he felt the urge to go Randy Moss on us sice something tells me he's a Minnesota fan.[/QUOTE]

Brillant deduction!

Grizzy,

We are doing the land vacatiion (Orlando-Disney) instead of the cruise. Due to work restrictions on me...I only had a few months to work with...plus the itern. the RCCL had we have done mostly all of them....and seeing how the Freedom of the Seas is leaving out of Miami..well I am sure we will be doing the same islands again so we figured we would just wait til the FOS comes out....you guys should do the FOS next year...I'll let you know when we book...seriously it would nice to meet up with you and your group...us ladies would have a blast..with your group.....

We are heading to Orlando on May 29th through June 4th...(wanna come visit me while I am there :p )....seeing your sooooo close....hehe...

We still are planning to head to SB but in late Sept./Oct or early Nov...once again I have to wait and see what happens at work....Me and my friend are both turning the big 30 and my sister's b-day is Nov..so we will combine all three...kind of want to do something cool for my 30th..something I would never forget..;) in a good way of course.....thanks for the info on the Cleve...I will let you know if I have any questions....

Anyway..too bad we'll miss a cruise this year..I guess two last year will just have to do for now til next year on the FOS.....I will certainly miss my yearly cruise...:(...but I will just wait to read your review that always makes a person feel she is right there with you.....do me favor tell Clive from Dizzy's that the RI Ladies say hello....he was the best....enjoy him....

N

PortugueseLady,

Our group is talking about putting down a deposit this Feb. for the May 2006 sailing of the Freedom. That ship is gonna be sweet. We'll keep you informed...I'm sure your group would fit right in.

Orlando is fun but I don't think my girlfriend would like it if I told her I was heading over there to party with a bunch of women I met online :D :cool: !

South Beach is fun anytime of the year. I absolutely love it there.

This year is gonna be epic and everyone is invited. I can't imagine not cruising at least once a year. I'll have my review and pictures up as soon as I get back. We've all made a pact to be naked in every port so it should be interesting :cool: ! I'll have to find Clive...where exactly is Dizzy's...I don't remember it.

Chris

Hey Griz,

I don't put my pics to view...;) a lady has to keep some secrets....

Dizzy's is on the 14th floor...overlooking the pool....he was so much fun and would have such a crowd..by the end of your drink he had everyone talking to each other around the whole bar...he was really cool....I have posted a pic of Clive and I on a different thread, topic was best bar on Explorer...you will have a blast with him...

Have fun on your cruise....can't wait to see the pics....

p.s. sorry about the "girlfriend" thing...never mentioned, never thought of..:)

N

[email]ZPOOD@AOL.COM[/email],

Thanks.

Everyone's different but obviously I greatly enjoyed what WE did on those Islands. The thing with Caulker Caye (from Belize) is that you have to really keep up with the water taxi schedule as you are 2 hrs ahead of them and missing the ship is a possibility. You also have to be comfortable using local transportation and heading out on your own. My group enjoys being a little more adventurous. Caulker Caye isn't gonna blow you away with it's beauty but we really liked it's vibe.
Costa Maya, on the other hand, is a little easier to get around. I've heard nothing but great things about the ruins but once again it all depends on what you fancy. I'm a beach bum (that's why I live in Florida) so I loved just walking along the water. My decisions for that day were:

A. Go back out for another swim in the crystal clear waters
B. Grab another beer
C. Get a massage

That's my kinda day.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Chris

PortugueseLady,

We'll try dizzy's...sounds like a lot of fun. I guess it is the jazz bar area. Is it the one that is next to the 19th hole? We had a bartender there once named Everton that was awesome.

Sharing your pics is part of the fun, but, oh well.

No sweat about the girlfriend. I was single during the cruise and can't wait to share this one with her. She's a beach bum like me :D .

Are you guys gonna definitly book the Freedom? What sailing?

Chris

LOL...

Grizz, look what you have done this all of us...;)

Yes that is the bar I am talking about.....right near the 19th hole? I can't remember the other bartenders name...we usually encounted Clive...the man....

When we got off in Sept...he had one week left and then would be off for 3 months...so maybe he was on Vac then...hopefully you get the change to meet him...he has this certain laugh...that will just make you crack up...

We are certainly doing the FOS in 2006, not sure what month...but will keep you posted.....:) , I know what you mean, I still can't believe that I don't have a cruise booked for this year...might just have to do a last minute thing...late in the year....I'll keep my fingers crossed....few days in SB then a cruise...not a bad idea....

I can't believe this thread is still going..it will be till you next one...can't wait to see the pics....;) , oh yeah and the review...

N

TTCruiser:
Well I knew getting two in a year (2004) would cost me...I am a bit upset that due to work restrictions I will not be able to go...but Disney will be nice too...

I keep saying well maybe Late Oct, early Nov...:confused: just to keep me at ease...

I will soooo miss a cruise this year...and don't know if I will be able to coop...;)
but I guess time will tell....

I can't wait to do the Freedom...and I know I will be saying oh boy..it was worth waiting for...but it still will be :o ....

We should start our own group for the FOS....in 2006....:)
N

oh my God! you guys look like you had a blast. These are the best pictures Ive seen yet. I felt like I was there just looking at the pictures. I went on the voyager a few months ago with 2 kids 17 and 18. I was sooo bored while the kids had a blast. This really made me rethink taking the kids next time:rolleyes:. The way you spent your vacation is exactly the way I would want to spend mine. Thanks for sharing. tammy

caregiver4ever,

Thank you. We did have a blast...your cruise is what you make of it.

Come join us this year (May 8th, our biggest and most likely craziest group yet) or next year on the Freedom of the Seas.

Chris

Grizzy -

Did you guys bring your own snorkle gear or did the companies supply them for you?

We aren't going until September but after reading your reivew I want to go now! Good thing I have a cruise in March to keep me happy until then.

Great review by the way. How did you put the pictures in?

TamaLee,

Thanks.

Some of us had our own snorkel equipment while others didn't. Both places we used provided everything you need so it's just a preference thing.

As for including the pictures I just used the hyperlink tab and used it to link to my webshots website. It took a long, long time.

Chris

I know what you mean.

My gear fits pretty easily in my backpack. I just like having a snorkel with a splash guard and good blow valve in addition to the peace of mind knowing that only my mouth and tongue has been on it. It's also nice having a quality mask that is already setup to fit your face.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
hey grizzy - just wondering how the explorer is. me and fiancee will be on it in sept for honeymoon and are first time cruisers and have no idea what we are getting into we do have a aft corner balcony cabin 7688 that everyone says is great it also is a western cruise so any advise would be helpful Paul

Paul,

The best thing about a ship this big and visiting four islands is your cruise will really be what you make of it. Since it will be your honeymoon there are plenty of options for romance like late night walks, special dinner at portifino, and ummm activities on your balcony. When you want to get adventurous try booking a diving/snorkeling tour, parasailing, cave tubing (Belize), StingRay City, etc. When you want to get a little wild hit some of the bars or nightclub onboard, visit Carlos N' Charlies (Cozumel), and go back out on your balcony for ummm more activities.

I think you'll be surprised how UNCROWDED the boat can feel at most times. I've heard good things about aft balconies and you can find picture of those cabins here:
[URL=http://community.webshots.com/album/48328219CtbGLi/1]click here[/URL]
Also do a search on aft cabins.

You've already done the best thing to get the most out of your cruise and that's finding this site. Just read, read, and read some more.

If you have any more specific questions just fire away.

Chris

Grizzy - thanks for the info and you are right there is alot on here that has helped me already in fact Sara hates that i am on here so much but i like to read and there is so much info on here one thing that i do here is that the food isnt all that great and i am a picky eater dont do milk eggs or cheese basically like steak,chicken,fish and burgers so hopefully they will have steak for a choice every night hey by the way i tried to hit your link on the explorer and it just went back to here whats up with that

Archived