hotel near Penn Station

bigwhistle

We are planning on staying in New York a few days after our cruise in June. Would a hotel a block from Penn Station on 34th street be a safe area to stay? I would not want to be in an area where the biggest adventure is getting back into the building safely.

We are planning on staying in New York a few days after our cruise in June. Would a hotel a block from Penn Station on 34th street be a safe area to stay? I would not want to be in an area where the biggest adventure is getting back into the building safely.

Head up Seventh Avenue to Times Square instead. Very safe area.

Hotels:

Marriott Marquis

Doubletree Times Square

W Times Square (actually right off West 47th)

Renaissance

Sheraton NY

The New Yorker Hotel which if you come out of Penn Station and your facing the Hotel Pennsylvania - make a left go to the corner and make another left the New Yorker is the next block on the other side of the street its about $125. Check Hotels.com web site. Area is safe. The TickTock Diner is attached to the hotel and the food is great. I had asked for a room with two double beds and when we got there we had two full bathrooms also. Rooms are dated but huge and spick and span compared to the closets that most NY hotels are. The Empire State building is right there as is Macys you cannot go wrong. This hotel is at the back of Penn Station that is how close you are. Do Not Stay at the Hotel Pennsylvania which is right across the street it's horrible and a closet. My daughter works in the city and I'm there alot so I know my way around. Any questions please yell.

I stayed at the Pennsylvania hotel in 2003 and indeed it was a horrible hotel. Cheap, but you get what you payed for. Made me think of the hotels in Moskou, Russia.

Stay away from that dump

Do not stay at the Hotel Pennsylvania. It is a dump.

how about the affinia manhattan? i won it on priceline for a friday night for

$140. any help here with my ''final'' hotel pick.:confused:

The only problem with priceline bidding is that you may very well get a room for 2....and our party has 4 people. Many rooms in NYC only have one bed.

Archived