Aruba Steakhouses

jrc1800

Will be sailing with the Destiny on 6-4-06 with aruba as a port of call..Could someone give me a good steakhouse for dinner.I heard that El Gaucho's isn't that good anymore..any truth to that?

Hi jrc,

El Gaucho is still fine,is closer to the pier,find their offer in the cruise ship terminal magazine called Aruba Days.Although Texas is fine as well,a bit out of the city.

Enjoy!

L.

Years ago went to El Gaucho and hated it. IMHO, quantity, but not quality.

An option which is actually closer to the ship than E.G. is L.G.Smith's Steak & Chop House at the Renaissance Resort.

Another excellent place for a steak, but very expensive, and a taxi ride, is the Sunset Grille (our 2nd favorite restaurant on the island) at the Radisson.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

An option which is actually closer to the ship than E.G. is L.G.Smith's Steak & Chop House at the Renaissance Resort.

Another excellent place for a steak, but very expensive, and a taxi ride, is the Sunset Grille (our 2nd favorite restaurant on the island) at the Radisson.

I would go for L.G. Smith's Steak and Chop House. Of course i am a bit biased since it is named after my grandfather. :)

Ohestu. AKA E.G. Smith

I guess this just shows how subjective food really is. I don't think I have ever known anyone who didn't rave about El Gaucho. NMNita

I guess this just shows how subjective food really is. I don't think I have ever known anyone who didn't rave about El Gaucho. NMNita

I appreciate your feelings. Many return visitors to the island as well as timeshare owners, faithfully return year after year. A search on the Aruba Tourism Authority website's forum will prove this, but it will also show plenty of other folks with opinions similar to ours. We are not the only ones.

I think part of this difference is South American beef- grass-fed vs. and US Prime- corn-fed. Churassco steak is too tough for our liking. Like I said in my OP, the big attraction for EG is quantity over quality.

IMHO, there are way too many restaurants on the island which serve a better cut of beef.

Archived