Grandeur or Rhapsody

lhh

My husband and I want to take our combined grown children, his and mine, on a January 2006 cruise. We live in Oklahoma so we would like to cruise from New Orleans or Houston so we can drive. There will be six of us.

I have only cruised on the Explorer and the Radiance. The Radiance is my favorite although the Explorer was nice too. Will we enjoy the Grandeur or Rhapsody or will they seem small and/or old? I know they are similar, but does anyone have a good reason to like one over the other? I have heard good (mostly) and some bad things about each ship but would like to have a reason to pick one over the other aside from price

What about embarcation at the two ports? Any difference? All help in comparing the two would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Both are Vision Class Ships and laid out about the same. Have only been on the Rhapsody but loved her..........you can't go wrong with either.

Jim

We have been on both, and since we live in Louisiana, it's almost equal driving distance to either. We much prefer Rhapsody and here's why: Although we love New Orleans, the trip down the muddy Mississippi is not my idea of a cruise, and it takes hours!! When you leave out of Galveston, you're in the Gulf in a matter of minutes and it just seems like more of a tropical cruise to me. Plus the Rhapsody is 100' or so longer than Grandeur, so a little more stability. Parking in Galveston is cheaper than New Orleans. And I think Galveston is closer to Oklahoma than New Orleans. We went on Grandeur last Nov. and the Rhapsody in 2/03, and we're booked for the Rhapsody again 11/28, if that tells you anything. I think the size is perfect; not too large, not too small. Just my thoughts.

just came back from the granduer today. it was my first cruise and it was amazing. the excursions were great but coco cay island is the one you should look forward to. very nice waters, great for snorkeling. reading other reviews supposedly this ship had sweage problems which i did not experience at all (apparently they fixed it). the dining is great but the selection can can sometimes be lower than expectation, youll always find something to your liking in the menu. the desserts are also very nicly prepared. whoever gets tables 117-119 are very lcuky, the alper and corinia are excellent. the theater attractions were somewhat lackluster, a very 'boring' comedian rick starr:confused: he was filled with dry jokes. but the magic, and broadway shows made up for the experience. the onboard ships deliver a broad variety (very cheaop alcohol and jewery. im planning to ride the granduer next year

conclusion: great ship, you wont be dissatisfied

Archived