Jamacain Excursion

puddinpie31

We're taking the Conquest on July 9 out of Galveston and have booked the "White Water Rafting" excursion. I can't find anyone from past cruises that have done this one. Can anyone give me any information about this? It also says "must be 18". I have two 17 year olds coming on the trip that can easily pass for older, but do they really check? Thanks to anyone that can help! This is our 4th Carnival Cruise and am counting the days...57:D

is this the tubing excursion? if it is we just took that excursion through the ship (Victory) and it was THE BEST time,,I would definitely do it again..its a long ride (about 45 minutes by van to get up the mountain to the spot where you go down the river) its really like a lazy river with a few spots that arent so lazy but nothing dangerous) there are plenty of guides that go down the river with everyone..you get a round tube that has a piece of wood attached to the bottom of it and a paddle..probably on the river about (I think ) 90 minutes..then there is a beautiful area where you can get something to drink or eat and look at pictures that they were taking of everyone as you went down the river

do not bring anything with you that you dont care to lose...leave it back on the ship,,,,you dont have to bring these but if you have water shoes it would be more comfortable walking arouund the area before getting on the tube..people did wear their sandals but the guides took them off and attached them to under the rope on the tubes

as for the 17 year olds...the only time I could think that they would ask for ID's for proof of age is when you bought the tickets

have a great time..I know we did

No, It's an actual white-water rafting trip. It must be new as I've not seen it posted in the excursions before. I hope we don't live to regret it as it's already been charged to my credit card. Sure does look like fun, Thanks so much for your information! Glad you had fun.

• 2 weeks later...

I have booked a whitewater rafting trip thru Barrett Adventures. We're going July 26. You don't have to be 18 for the tour through Barretts. I have also looked for info on this excursion, but have not found any.

Janstoney, could you please give me the details? I am trying to find something fun and safe for my family to do. Myself, my DH, 15 yr DD and her friend. We will be there on the Conquest the same day a you.

Just happened across this thread as I will be in Jamaica later in June on Rhapsody. I have booked with Phil Lafayette for myself and my two sons who are 16 and 12. I've heard only rave reveiws of his tour to Dunns River Falls (you get there quick & beat the cruise-line tours!) and then the tubing down the White (?) river. It all sounds like lots of fun and the price is very reasonable - especially compared to similar tours offered through RCI. You might check him out for your group.

I read about the white water river excursion that CCL offers. The reason it is for ages 18 and up is the level of the rapids (not tubing, but white water rafting through rapids!) is a level 5. We went on a 2-3 in Colorado, USA, and it was wild. My boys would have loved it, but even they thought a 5 might be tough! (Plus our youngest is only 13 and we did not want to chance it)

Have fun whatever you do!

Archived