Sapphire Princess Alaska - excursion help PLEASE

akjuly

I think I have things narrowed down now. Any ideas or input would be great! So hard for me to make these decisions. I have been reading so many posts that I realize Alaska may need more than one trip. We are staying in Anchorage for a few days before cruise.

Here is what I have planned.

Juneau - 4 glacier heli tour or Mendenhall Glacier heli tour (they seem similar- just can't make up mind)

Ketchikan - Misty Fjords Seaplane with Alaska Seaplane Tours (Ryan)

However, they now have openings for the Adventure Kart Expedition and was wondering if we should take that instead of floatplane since we are already doing helicopter in Juneau. I have 3 kids 9,12 and 17. What do you think? weather concerns?

Skagway - Glacier Point Wilderness Safari (great reviews of this so all set here) Going early in AM so will have time to do something else as well. Think kids might be bored on the White Pass RR.

Any help with my final decisions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I think I have things narrowed down now. Any ideas or input would be great! So hard for me to make these decisions. I have been reading so many posts that I realize Alaska may need more than one trip. We are staying in Anchorage for a few days before cruise.

Here is what I have planned.

Juneau - 4 glacier heli tour or Mendenhall Glacier heli tour (they seem similar- just can't make up mind)

Ketchikan - Misty Fjords Seaplane with Alaska Seaplane Tours (Ryan)

However, they now have openings for the Adventure Kart Expedition and was wondering if we should take that instead of floatplane since we are already doing helicopter in Juneau. I have 3 kids 9,12 and 17. What do you think? weather concerns?

Skagway - Glacier Point Wilderness Safari (great reviews of this so all set here) Going early in AM so will have time to do something else as well. Think kids might be bored on the White Pass RR.

Any help with my final decisions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Alaska isn't a one time trip- as you have found out. :) But you have excellent choices here. I give a big preference to Misty Fjords flightseeing, completely different than a helicopter glacier landing.

I feel honored to have heard from Budget Queen. And feel good about my decisions now. I don't have huge expectations for the LumberJack Show but thought my kids might like to do it before the Misty Fjords so we will add that in Ketchikan.

Still looking for something to add in Skagway. My excursion ends at 12 and we are there until 8:00. Any 'not to be missed' there? Does the White Pass Railway usually sell out?

http://www.nps.gov/klgo/schedule.htm

This is a must see in Skagway in my opinion. Hiking the Lower Dewey trail is great if good weather and no mobility limitations. It's also always a laundry stop for me. :) If you are loaded with ships in port, the White Pass RR could be sold out. But if an option you want to consider, have their phone number handy or head directly to the depot for availablity early am.

Cell service very spotty, no service for Verizon.

This hike looks great for us. Is it a crowded trail? This option will give us time to hang out in town without feeling so rushed. Any great eateries or should we head to the ship where the price it right?

Thanks again for being so helpful.

This hike looks great for us. Is it a crowded trail? This option will give us time to hang out in town without feeling so rushed. Any great eateries or should we head to the ship where the price it right?

Thanks again for being so helpful.

This can be an extremely crowded trail.

Archived