Holiday/December on RCCL?

We will be spending next Christmas on Empress. I know that the cruise lines decorate for the holidays but does RCCL have a Santa? I have a 3 year old and I want to make sure he still has a special Christmas celebration.

Also, what kind of weather can we expect in December? Will we still enjoy the beach? I know it's a little more rainy but is it a warm rain? I prefer to travel in March and April but now have to travel during school holidays.

Thanks!

Christine

The Southern Caribbean is always beach weather year round. Always warm.

Just remember to not wrap your presents before you get on the plane. Either put them in gift bags or bring gift wrap with you and plan a packing session when your 3 year old is at Adventure Oceaen.

I do plan to bring wrap with me and hope to do most of my shopping in ports since Christmas won't be until the very end of our cruise. I hope that's not putting too much pressure on me to get my shopping done. I'd just rather not pack presents down and then have to carry them back again.

Cruising over the holidays could actually be a good thing for my family. I tend to overdo - this will force me to keep my purchases within our luggage limitations! Being with my family is more important than too many gifts.

Any other suggestions to make my boys' holiday special are welcome! (Has anyone decorated their cabin? Do you bring your stockings?)

Do they have formal night on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?

Christine

Archived