NYC: 414 Hotel

I am curious if anyone has stayed at, or is familiar with the 414 Hotel in NYC. We are strongly considering this for our pre-cruise time. The rates seem reasonable, and (from what I can tell) it seems to be in a great location for site seeing. I'd love to have more information/reviews if anyone can share any. TIA...

The hotel itself, looks good from the website.

The location is okay, not great. It's a bit far west of Times Square and wouldn't be my first choice.

If you can find one a couple blocks closer to 7th or Broadway, it would be better.

In terms of tourist attraction convenience, since things are spread out all over the city, and the city is relatively small in size, it really doesn't matter what area you're in.

The Times Square/Broadway area is good if you're planning on going to the theatre a few nights. If not, then look around all over the city. I would just not go further west than 8th Ave.

If this hotel is offering you a better deal than others, I wouldn't "poo-poo" it. I just don't think they're location is as great as they like to tout it and they're "how many minutes away from......." is a joke, unless they think you're going to be on rollerblades.

Archived