Breakfast and lunch question

AnneNchris

Hi...yep...another question, LOL...

I was wondering...can you only get buffett breakfast and lunch or can you get them in the main dining rooms...for instance...on the Spirit can you get lunch or breakfast in Windows?

Thanks

This from a person who eats cream cheese and olives.:D

PE<---welcomes you to the boards...:cool:

:D LOL...sooo sooo...true PE...hmmmmm....ya think they will will serve cream cheese and olives in Windows on the spirit??? HMMMMMM YUMMY YUMMY...LOL...

PE.....thank you for the welcome:):)

:D LOL...sooo sooo...true PE...hmmmmm....ya think they will will serve cream cheese and olives in Windows on the spirit??? HMMMMMM YUMMY YUMMY...LOL...

PE.....thank you for the welcome:):)

They will definitely have the two components needed for this delicacy. But, I think you will have to combine them on your own.:D

PE<---likes when newbies get my humor...:cool:

I will add my two cents worth here, and you can take it for what it's worth!:p

My family is pretty simple. My Dad is 80 and has been a farmer all of his life. If it were up to him we'd eat in the buffet every meal. He doesn't like waiters fussing over him, or anyone in general, fussing over him. However, as age has crept up on him and his body is letting him know it's not able like it used to be, he's learning to let people wait on him.

Therefore, we usually eat most of our breakfasts in the main dining room. In your case, it would be in Windows on the Spirit. On the Star it is Versailles that is open for breakfast. The menu is fairly extensive and we love being able to get an omelette without having to wait in line for it. Also, I like the eggs benedict.

The only difference to that is, on the last day of your cruise (when you are back in Seattle waiting to disembark, or whatever city you may be returning to) the menu does not include the omelettes or eggs benedict. Everything else is basically available. In the buffet, the breakfast fare is just as it has been every day.

Now, having said that we prefer the main dining room for breakfast, that doesn't mean we don't like the buffet for breakfast. It's just difficult with Dad sometimes, because it is hard to find a table, and he cannot walk or stand for more than a minute or two at a time. Sometimes we'll find a spot for him and Mom to just sit, while the rest of us scout out a table or two. It can be really crowded in there and that is the biggest drawback. We don't have the same problem in the dining room of course.

Another thing to know is that the dining room only offers breakfast until 9:30 (I think) It could be 9:00am. So, if you're not up and about in time, then it's either room service (limited menu) or the buffet.

The buffet seems to be the most crowded for breakfast during the at-sea days. The least crowded about one hour after arriving in a port.

As for lunch, I believe both of the main dining rooms are open on the Spirit. We almost always ate in Windows, but I'm pretty sure the Garden Room is also open at lunch time. We preferred Windows, only because we thought it was a prettier place to dine. The food is good in both places and the service is too. (This also applies to Aqua and Versailles on the Star.)

My goodness, this is a long post just to talk about dining!

Have fun!

Hikini:D

Hi...yep...another question, LOL...

I was wondering...can you only get buffett breakfast and lunch or can you get them in the main dining rooms...for instance...on the Spirit can you get lunch or breakfast in Windows?

Thanks

Go where you can be waited on!

You're on VACATION;)

Archived