Also just back from the Glory!

luvgreys

What a beautiful ship! The crew was constantly cleaning and making her shine! We had so much fun. The shows were awesome! We went to four shows, the Glory dancers and singers are very very good!

We stayed at the Radisson at the Port, the night before, and the hotel was nice, the pool was great.

On embarkation day we were stuck at the Radisson due to the port shutting down, but no problem we just started drinking. We also sat around and laughed at the people who were upset about having to wait. It was so funny to watch these people call cabs, and the cabs would pull up and say they could not get through either. Once we got to port we brushed right through, we were on the ship by 3:00. We unpacked attended the sail way/muster drill.(They combined the two);) I guess to make up time.

Key West- Woke up early went for a three mile run.We just walked around, did some shopping, and went to the Pirate Soul Museum. That was really cool.

Fun day at Sea 1- Laid out, ate, drank, ate, drank, you get the picture.:p

Belize- What a beautiful place. We learned so much about the country and their culture. We booked a private tour with Captain Marvin Deras, and Ecological tours. It was a great tour, the snorkeling was great, and the swim with the Sting Rays, and Sharks was even more fun. It would have been perfect if my mother had not been hurt. (See my back injury thread)

Costa Maya= Great Port! We should have stayed there! There was so much to do in port. We went to Olinca water sports. I had read on a previuos thread that it was all you can eat, drink, and snorkel for 25.00. Wrong it was all you can drink, but you could get one meal. The snorkeling was an additonal $20 pp. I have travedl to Mexico several times, and I know that they depend on tourism. But we could not even relax on the beach at Olinca's without being asked to buy something. That was the only thing that was not fun. I do not mind the harassment if I am shopping, but when I am trying to lay on the beach it was very annoying. Next time we will book the day at one of the private resorts.

FUN days at sea- That is what they are. We just relaxed, and enjoyed our time by the Lido pool. I read two books this week, and I went down the slide a few times. I went down on my shoulder blades, and my heels, for those of you who like to go fast that is how you do it!:)

The food was good I thought. We ate in the Dining room every night, and our servers Danilo 1 and Danilo 2 from the Philippines were great! We even tipped them extra when we left.

Disembarkation- (D-day) So sad! We carried our luggage off ourselves, and got off the ship vey fast. I would do that again.

I liked the GLory more than the Conquest, but I think next year, we will try a different class of ships just for a change onf scenery.

***By the way, I did not notice much movement at all*** It was a very calm relaxing trip.

I am happy to answer any questions. This year we booked OV Cat 6B aft, and the room was great, it was very quiet.

I forgot to mention a very important thing. The foo foo drinks were awesome! I am usualy a beer and wine girl. I could be hooked up the "Rum Punch" as an IV. I think as a group of four we sampled over forty drinks!

Great review - so far it seems to be pretty much unanimous...it was an awesome ship and great cruise. I can't but sit here at work going hmm, last week at this time I was in Belize....... anyway, agree about the drinks. I too usually stick with beer and wine. I think I may have a martini problem now.....the martinis of the day were awesome and totally reasonably priced.

Thanks for the review, I am more of a martini gal but may have to do the foo foo drinks this saturday!!! We are so excited that I think my coworkers are going to kill me :)

Hi LuvGreys,

Thank you for the great review. I have a question. How was debarkation? How long did it take you to get off the ship? We are planning airfares and were wondering if we would make the 1:58 flight out of MCO. Thanks.

Disembarkation was very fast. We took all our luggage off ourselves. We were at MCO by 9:30. We had a 3:05 flight, and they asked for someone to give up their seats so we did and they refunded all of our airfare plus 200.00pp. We can now book another cruise!:D

Hi LuvGreys,

Thank you for the great review. I have a question. How was debarkation? How long did it take you to get off the ship? We are planning airfares and were wondering if we would make the 1:58 flight out of MCO. Thanks.

we also just returned from the Glory and our flight out of MCO was at 2:00pm. Becuase we had our kids and parents with us, we didn't carry our luggage off ourselves....we put it out the night before........and we were still off the ship by 9:40..........took a while to find our driver, but we were at MCO by 11am! then just waited around for our flight!

Did you happen to go to the Piano Bar? I'm hearing he is not very good. We cruise on the Glory July 1st - hoping to hear better news about the Piano Bar!

Rich and Sue

We walked in there every night hoping that it would be fun, but it was awful. He was not good at all!:(

We walked in there every night hoping that it would be fun, but it was awful. He was not good at all!:(

I'm really sorry to hear that - usually the Piano Bar is really fun. We sail July 1st, hopefully they wil replace him!

Susan

Did you happen to go to the Piano Bar? I'm hearing he is not very good. We cruise on the Glory July 1st - hoping to hear better news about the Piano Bar!

Rich and Sue

The piano bar was horrible! The guy had a playlist and that's all he knew. Even the songs on the playlist all sounded the same. I should have put it in my comment card, but I ran out of room. Hopefully they will replace him. We were on the Miracle in 2004 and you could barely get in the piano bar each night it was so crowded. Beware the bucket hat!

The piano bar was horrible! The guy had a playlist and that's all he knew. Even the songs on the playlist all sounded the same. I should have put it in my comment card, but I ran out of room. Hopefully they will replace him. We were on the Miracle in 2004 and you could barely get in the piano bar each night it was so crowded. Beware the bucket hat!

We had our wedding reception in the piano bar; and it was a lady paino player and she didn't know any songs either.

Archived