Room 803 PG and Hotel Bora Bora

DH and I are doing the pre-cruise in Bora Bora at the Hotel Bora Bora. I would be very grateful for any info anyone has on the PG and the room. From my readings, starboard seems to be the ideal side of the ship.

I haven't found any information on the Hotel Bora Bora. I've been reading through the various posts for hours and finally tried the "search" feature since my vision is leaving me :eek: ! When that failed, I finally decided to try a new thread.

Thanks in advance for all help and advice.

Joanne

My husband and I spent five days at HBB last December. It is a wonderful place!! The grounds are gorgeous and the setting is idyllic. The staff is extremely friendly and very eager to see that you enjoy your stay. From the moment you step off the launch and they hand you a cold damp towel and a glass of champagne until they wave good-bye, you will feel like you are in a world apart.

We had one of the overwater bungalows and it was lovely. We spent a lot of time on our deck and we snorkeled every day. Our room was just perfect. The bed was extremely comfortable and there was a settee and a chair or two. The bathroom had a separate shower and tub and they provide a variety of amenities. I brought home all the "Ultralight Monoi" oil they gave us and doled it out to myself over the next couple of months as the intoxicating fragrance took me right back to Bora Bora.

We usually had room service for breakfast and we ate our lunch at the outdoor bar on the beach. That was always pleasant and sociable and we met some of our fellow guests that way. We had our dinners in the open-air restaurant and the food was quite good. The chef was always out and about, a very friendly guy. One night was fish night, and when we arrived for dinner that night we were ushered to a display of freshly caught fish on ice. The chef talked to us about the fish and we not only selected what we wanted for dinner, but the chef suggested a variety of ways it could be prepared and we decided on that too. It was fun and elegant but very casual at the same time.

I can't remember what they call it but the hotel has a large guest center where there is one computer with free internet access, a pool table, and a small library of books. You can also book special activities there like scuba diving or parasailing etc. We rented bicycles one time, which was lots of fun. There were no cars available the one day we wanted to drive around but we've been to Bora Bora before so it was no big deal. We ended up staying on the hotel grounds for most of our stay and that suited us just fine. We used our time there as a buffer between our cruise on the PG and returning to the real world which was in full holiday mode by the time we got back home.

I had a massage on our last day and it was wonderful. One of the beach bungalows is the massage spa.

It is just a fantastic place!! They really get it right.

Marnalou, we will be in an OWB as well. Which unit were you in? Did you make a request in advance for a certain unit or just go with 'luck of the draw'. We have asked for one of the deeper water units and the HBB staff indicated they would take that into consideration.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve, I don't remember the number but as you faced the bungalow the hotel dock was directly to the right. It was a great location. We just specified an OWB and that's the one we had and it was fine.

By the way, at night they light the underwater lights at the dock and a few manta rays come to feed on the fish attracted by the light. It's quite the stunning water ballet. You can just sit on the dock and watch the swirling mantas.

I found an email address on the resort's website and contacted them. They've been very helpful and replied very quickly. I'm already impressed and haven't even arrived yet.

I'm hoping to either upgrade to a deep water bungalow or pick a particular one. I'd printed out the map from the Tahiti Explorer website and I think #112 looks nice (I think that's the one MarnaLou said she had -- it's on the side by the deep water ones).

I'm so excited about this cruise and especially the pre-cruise part in Bora Bora! The reviews on Hotel Bora Bora sound like it's an amazing place with excellent snorkling -- we'll probably only leave to eat!!! :D

Joanne

We're doing a 7 day PG departing July 29th with 3 nights pre on HBB :)

Please let us know which Bungalow you got and how it went.

Are you able to do they're Bar-B-Que with the Polynesian dance and Fire dance on Wednesdays? That's the day we arrive and were hoping to go.

Joanne

We arrive on a Wed. as well, and are planning on going to the BBQ too. I emailed them to see if we needed a reservations, and they answered that we did not.

I will let you know how the OWB selection process went. Since the cruise stops in BB the week before I was even thinking about stopping by after our excursion that day just to check the place out and try to solidify our request (any of the deep water OWB's). But then I figured that it really didn't matter where they put us, and that I should just relax and not stress over getting 'THE' right OWB. Since the reservation was made directly through RSSC it will interesting to see if they have any 'pull'. We asked RSSC to make a request for us, and then I contacted HBB directly with the same request.

Steve

Joanne, I went to Tahiti Explorer and looked at the map and we were in #110, just the other side of #112. They'd had a tidal surge or a typhoon or something and some of the bungalows had been damaged so some weren't available. It was nice but I think they are all just wonderful and you'll all be happy wherever you land.

Archived