SERIOUS Black Pearl Shopping

Ia ora na, :rolleyes:

I just posted this on the Roll Call Thread for 4 September sailing of the Tahitian Princess. Everyone seemed to enjoy my Black Pearls Instructional website information, so I proceeded to get serious so that I can do some intelligent shopping in FP. I have read some Posts where pax paid more in Tahiti than they could have bought in the U.S. :mad:

Here is the Link for the B.P. Lesson:

http://www.pearlsonly.net/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=

Don't you just Love the Internet? At midnight, I went Pearl Shopping. :o

I did it. I just went ahead and ordered 2 sets:

1. The clearance set for $66 for the 23-inch Matinee (7 to 8mm)length necklace with earrings and bracelet (mis-matched pearls).

2. The same set, but more perfect pearls: "Affordably luxurious black A quality 6 to 7mm necklace set includes bracelet and matching earrings, 16 inch - Choker" $89.00

3. They also threw in Free Shipping and another free necklace:

"This French inspired necklace is yours FREE with any purchase over $75. The 17 inch Sophia necklace features 7 to 8mm pink freshwater pearls offset by 4mm white pearls on a silver colored beads. This necklace is fun and versatile. It can be worn with casual wear, business suite or an evening out." :D

This seems like a fast, simple way of shopping. Did you read the 100% Refund Guarantee? What is there to lose? I can always send it back. There are less expensive items, as low as $8; however, to save the shipping and get the extra gift, I figured I would at least buy >$75 worth. You can always re-gift these.

I wonder where this place is located. Somewhere in the U.S? I am supposed to receive them in 3 to 4 days so I'll let you know what they look like.

O.K., here is Your challenge. Go shopping on this website. I looked at ALL of the categories. They also have white and other colour pearls. Does anyone else have the nerve to order? You can see, I am a Serious Shopper. :cool:

After reading your Post, I e-mailed the website and Paul was very prompt in replying and he did verify that the sets I ordered are Freshwater Pearls and said he is holding my order until he hears back from me. I answered him and said, yes, I do want the order - just want to know what I am getting.

The real Tahitian Pearls that the website sells are just the pendants, but Very Beautiful designs. :D

After I receive the 2 sets, I will decide if I want to order a pendant. I appreciate your bringing this to my attention so that I am not surprised when my package arrives. :cool:

What do you think of the prices on the Tahitian Pearl Pendants? ;)

I think the prices are comparable to (possibly a bit less) what I would expect to pay locally. I think the "list prices" are inflated. I would have no problem purchasing the freshwater pearls from the web site. The Tahitian pearls I would prefer to actually see before purchasing to be sure that they were free from blemishes, had good lustre, and that I was pleased with the color. My husband doesn't try to choose jewelry for me anymore because I am too picky! I have taken GIA Classes (but not on pearls) and worked in an AGS jewelry store in my former life before becoming a self-emplyed rubber stamping and scrapbooking instructor.

Hi, again, Happy Stamper,

My daughter, Annmarie, is also a Scrapbooker, and has been known to take her supplies on board, develop photos, paste up the pages, and have a completed book by the end of the cruise. Fanatical - she has a good time and everyone enjoys her books. :D She is also a talented artist, working in oils and watercolours, as well as a semi-professional photographer. She will cruise with me in Tahiti.

I sure wish you were on My Cruise. You would be great to shop with in FP. ;)

Paul is in Beijing and is shipping my pearl sets tomorrow (Monday). I'll let you know what I think of them. I agree with you about viewing the Pendants before purchase. I will now go to the local jewelry stores to window shop.

Do you think I will get better value in FP? Thanks for all your help! :)

Di,

I'm so glad someone called your attention to the fact that you're NOT buying real black pearls. I'm not saying that what you're ordering isn't nice, but I'd hate to think you're being fooled into ordering something that you're not getting.

That said, the real black pearl pendants seem to be reasonably priced for what they are. If you notice, the ones that are under $500, the manufacturer cheaps out by using 14K gold fittings while the ones over $500. they use 18K. Since there's so little gold and only pennies in the difference in price, I question the integrity of the manufacturer for not using 18K for all of them. That said, I think I'd be skeptical of buying something from them, UNLESS, it's returnable. In that case, I'd buy it and then have it appraised.

A decent (not stellar) black pearl necklace (pearl choker w/ lots of pearls) can be bought in the under $5000. range IF you shop smart, so their prices are good if the quality is there.

Jane

Hi, Jane and Happy,

Here is the e-mail I sent today to Paul in Beijing. The pearl sets are very well matched and have good lustre. :cool:

Dear Paul,

The FedEx guy came on Thursday and no one was home, so they left a Door Tag. The trouble with FedEx is that the 800 telephone number is a terrible voice-mail message thing and you cannot ask to speak to a real person. Also, on their website, there is a lot to be desired.

Anyway, I left a message on the hang tag to leave my package next door with my neighbors. You sent it Monday, it got to Sunland on Thursday, and I opened it on Friday.

I just want you to know how Very Pleased I am with my pearls. You are right - they are a Good Value. I will certainly enjoy wearing them. I am planning my wardrobe around my Pearls and will enjoy trying them on and wearing them. :D

I knew you would be wondering because of my many questions. I would not hesitate to recommend your company and website. I am sure we will do more business in the future. :)

Kind Regards,

Di

Ia ora na,

The FedEx guy came on Thursday and no one was home, so they left a Door Tag. The trouble with FedEx is that the 800 telephone number is a terrible voice-mail message thing and you cannot ask to speak to a real person. Also, on their website, there is a lot to be desired. :confused:

Anyway, I left a message on the hang tag to leave my package next door with my neighbors. You sent it Frida, it got to Sunland on Thursday, and I opened it on Friday.

I just want you to know how Very Pleased I am with my pearls. You are right - they are a Good Value. I will certainly enjoy wearing them. I am planning my wardrobe around my Pearls and will enjoy trying them on and wearing them.

I tried on both strands together and they look great. :D

Really made my 4th of July perfect. :rolleyes:

Archived