Flight from Fort Lauderdale-enough time?

missymatt

I am going to try to book a flight from Fort Lauderdale at 11:50 home to Vermont. My ship docks in Miami early morning around 7. Will I have enough time to make my flight that morning or am I cutting it too close?

Hi to All...

The port to the airport is very close, so the problem is not there. The problem is the security and the lines to get through that. I have seen it short and I made my 11 am flight and another time it was long, but I got on my 12:30 flight with alittle time to spare. It is a gamble, so just weigh out the cost and remember that in gambling, you do lose on occasion. Knowing that, have a back up flight plan. ....Dennis

Hi to All...

The port to the airport is very close, so the problem is not there. The problem is the security and the lines to get through that. I have seen it short and I made my 11 am flight and another time it was long, but I got on my 12:30 flight with alittle time to spare. It is a gamble, so just weigh out the cost and remember that in gambling, you do lose on occasion. Knowing that, have a back up flight plan. ....Dennis

Port of Miami to FLL is NOT close, it is a good 45 minutes away.

YIKES!!!!!

I retract my post. I am wrong. I didn't read the question fully. I thought it was from the airport to the docks there, not Miami. It still can be done, but the hassle and stress is alot as just one slight delay can cause you to miss the flight.......Dennis

We were on the Sea Princess in February and we docked at 7:30. We were off the ship by 8:15 at the airport at 8:45. Our flight was at 1:30. FLL will not let you check in until 2 hours before your flight.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived