Tour After AOS Then to Airport???

radarcruiser

We're on the AOS 5/28-6/4, flying out at 2:30pm same day. Should we take the ship offered walking OSJ tour, or try to go it on our own? Luggage seems to be the biggest difficulty. If we go on our own, when do we need to be at SJU airport? Any ideas, recommendations?

Old San Juan is easy to manuver and walk around on your own. However, I'm not certain you could do it with that flight time.

If you go it on your own, unless you are using the AA Luggage Valet program, then you need to be at the airport 2 hours early. If using the luggage valet, then maybe about 1-1/2 hours early. San Juan Airport is prone to multiple long lines for both check in and security. The one advantage if you are flying AA is that RCCL offers onboard check in for AA for a fee ($10 per person) which eliminates having to check in at the airport.

There is a restaurant in Old San Juan, Barrachina's, that will store luggage for you. You could also see about getting a day pass to a hotel to relax in, although the few that offer them don't make them available until the day of.

There is a restaurant in Old San Juan, Barrachina's, that will store luggage for you. You could also see about getting a day pass to a hotel to relax in, although the few that offer them don't make them available until the day of.

Thank you for your timely response.

If I had that much time between getting off the ship and flying out I might consider going directly to the airport from the ship and checking in and dropping off the luggage. Then back to Old San Juan for the day. I know this would cost forty to fifty dollars extra for the cabs, but it would make it easier when you finally go back to the airport in the evening. Just a thought...still wondering if it makes sense...:confused:

Rich

Carnival Mardi Gras 1985

Carnival Sensation 1996

Carnival Fascination1997

Carnival Triumph 1998

Carnival Destiny 1999

RCCL Voyager 2000

RCCL Explorer 2001

200608272200_13.gif

Archived