Playa Uvas

rscima

Yes, you cannot complain about the plastic cups because they are endless. We did not get food with our package but the food was delicious,very large and reasonable. I believe the chicken nachos were 8.00 and huge as well as other items we ordered for the tables. Truly, for our group of 81 we could not have found a better place to enjoy the day. I would recommend Playa Uvas to anyone, especially with a group.

dvan

Thanks for the review.

I don't mind getting the plastic cups as long as they keep my drinks coming!! :)

Hey Artseeker!! Nice to see you around here again!!

Well, Hi Lady in TX: Here today, just checking the latest reviews to see what's new because in May my DH and I are going back to Uvas to be pampered and spoiled! Can't wait! :D

Now I am back in the cold, but last Saturday we were at Playa Uvas, thanks to the recommendations on this board. We had a great time, the weather was perfect. Jorge was an excellent snorkling teacher, and Luis came along in the kayak to hold onto our shoes and help if anyone needed. We had our margaritas served in glasses, and the chicken fajitas were excellent. We arrived from the ship around noon. Shortly after we sat down they came over to tell us that the kayak tour was just about ready to leave, and after they came back, we would go on the snorkel tour. The timing worked fine for us. The one negative I can say is that the women who give the massages came over before we went snorkeling and said that if we wanted a massage, they would give us 30 minutes for the price of 20. We said we would do it later, after snorkeling and lunch. I didn't have the massage, but 2 of my friends did. When she stopped after 20 minutes, my friend was told that the "special" was only if we did it right then.

While cruising on the Freedom of the Seas, we were considering one of the clear kayak excursions (either through ShoreTrips or Royal Caribbean) for our Cozumel day. We both love kayaking and a clear kayak seemed like a cool idea. Upon doing some research, I learned that all of these excursions took passengers to the same location - Playa Uvas. I found it was less expensive and just a easy to book directly with the resort. They have a large number of packages available at a variety of prices, depending on what activities you want to do there. We were able to customize our day, which was great.

We booked the package that included lunch, open bar and the kayaking.

The taxi ride was short - maybe 10 minutes - and cost only US$10 each way per trip (not per person). When we arrived, Carmin greated us by name! How did she know who we were?? She gave us a brief tour and introduced us to Onassis, who she said would be taking care of us during our stay. Did he ever! The service was just as terrific as the royal treatment we were getting on the ship. Onassis ran to our beach chairs every time we seemed as though we MIGHT need something. The drinks were great and the frajitas were amazing! Best we've had!

We did the clear kayak trip and then did a little snorkeling on our own. We had brought along our own snorkeling gear.

The resort is lovely, the service is incredible, the food and drinks are top notch! We didn't get massages, nor did we take advantage of the pool. You can check out photos of the resort on-line at their website.

I recommend water shoes if you want to swim as it's a rocky beach. That does make for lots of interesting coral formations and fish, however, if you snorkel or go out in the clear kayaks.

The resort is smaller than I had anticipated, but I understand they limit the number of guests they accept per day. Be sure to make reservations. We were not required to pay in advance. We arrived early and got great chairs right by the water.

We had a wonderful day and would defininately consider returning on another visit.

From what I am reading, it looks like a place we are going to do.

After reading the post I was going to make a reservation on their site. My DW had a question, if we chose one activity reservation and want to change it when we get there, is that ok. We are not doing any that require a deposit, and from what I read its ok to change when we get there.....

Please tell me if its different.

Thanks

From what I am reading, it looks like a place we are going to do.

After reading the post I was going to make a reservation on their site. My DW had a question, if we chose one activity reservation and want to change it when we get there, is that ok. We are not doing any that require a deposit, and from what I read its ok to change when we get there.....

Please tell me if its different.

Thanks

We changed from snorkeling to kayaking on our last trip and they could not have been more accommodating! They all really want you to have the best possible experience, so go ahead and put in your resie and if you change your mind when you get there, they'll make it work out for you. :)

For those of you who have been to Playa Uvas recently... do you have to wear some sort of shoes when getting into the water? From what I've read they are necessary because of the jagged rocky edge, but just wanted to double check.

For those of you who have been to Playa Uvas recently... do you have to wear some sort of shoes when getting into the water? From what I've read they are necessary because of the jagged rocky edge, but just wanted to double check.

You don't have too but it would probably be wise. We wear ours at all the beaches we go to.

You don't have too but it would probably be wise. We wear ours at all the beaches we go to.

If you don't want to bring water shoes, there are areas where they have little sandbags that you can walk on that lead you from shore into the ocean. We used them and didn't have any problems.

For those of you who have been to Playa Uvas what is the best food and drink to try there? I am pretty open to try anything once. DH will probably stick to his usual Fajitas.:rolleyes:

My husband and I just LOVE their fajitas!!! They are delicious!! The other day i was looking through my pictures and and I came across a picture that I took of my fajitas and I was drooling! lol :D

You can't go wrong with any of their drinks. They are all good!!

My husband and I just LOVE their fajitas!!! They are delicious!! The other day i was looking through my pictures and and I came across a picture that I took of my fajitas and I was drooling! lol :D

You can't go wrong with any of their drinks. They are all good!!

I gotta agree. The fajitas are great. We also love the guacamole so we order an extra side to go with our chips. As for drinks, they make a wicked pina colada.

My brother and I were at Playa Uvas the last week of January and it was GREAT !!!!!

the weather was perfect, the drinks were even better

we did the snorkel tour and saw lots of colorful fish, a seahorse, flounder, stingray and lots of other stuff.

the mixed grill fijitas were really good and filling

the drinks were great.

Hi to Carmen, you are a delight.

we had the best time and would recommend them for a great day at the beach

did I mention the drinks were really good and plentiful !!!

thanks for a great day

Got my reservation and confirmation for Playa Uvas.

Two weeks from today I will be in Cozumel on the beach :D:D:D ( much better than the 15 degrees and 0 wind chill I am experiencing right now:eek: in RI)

I was looking around the Carnival website and I see that Carnival offers the all inclusive package to Playa Uvas for $79 :eek: and you only get I think 2 drinks and a fruit plate :eek:, but you do get transportation.

Gotta love do it yourself excursions!!!

Edited by ktpc2005

There are no power boats around, and its really not the environment to have loud boats and parasailing.

And this is the main reason we go there. We love the tranquil and safe environment. It's a perfect relaxing beach day with plenty to do like snorkeling and kayaking that don't add a lot of noise and danger.

My DW is trying to budget how much cash we are going to take with us on our cruise. I know some places in Mexico add a credit card charge on top of the usual credit card foreign charge (except my capital one).

Does Playa Uvas have such a charge if you pay your bill with credit card? We want to use cash, but dont want to be carrying a lot of cash around at one time.

Thanks....

Got my reservation and confirmation for Playa Uvas.

Two weeks from today I will be in Cozumel on the beach :D:D:D ( much better than the 15 degrees and 0 wind chill I am experiencing right now:eek: in RI)

I was looking around the Carnival website and I see that Carnival offers the all inclusive package to Playa Uvas for $79 :eek: and you only get I think 2 drinks and a fruit plate :eek:, but you do get transportation.

Gotta love do it yourself excursions!!!

That must be a new one. I don't recall them having an excursion there before. Had I known that I probably would not have booked there. I was looking forward to having only a few people there. We may get lucky and not have that many do that excursion.

That must be a new one. I don't recall them having an excursion there before. Had I known that I probably would not have booked there. I was looking forward to having only a few people there. We may get lucky and not have that many do that excursion.

There have always been ship excursions, but they don't stay long and they won't impact your day. Don't worry, Carmen and the crew will make sure your every need is attended to. And even during the couple of hours the excursion is there, it's not very crowded. Playa Uvas is very careful about restricting the number of guests so that there is always plenty of room on the loungers, in the pool, the excursions, and the bar/restaurant.