Playa Uvas

rscima

Several years ago we had a lovely day at Playa Uvas. One of the best things was a yound lady selling glass necklaces. We bought lots, and have gotten so many compliments, my daughter would like another dozen or so. Anyone know if she is still there?

the name of the argentian lady is Sole, since 3 years ago she moved to Playa del Carmen and sells her glass jewerly in some hotels there

the name of the argentian lady is Sole, since 3 years ago she moved to Playa del Carmen and sells her glass jewerly in some hotels there

Thanks for the information, my daughter (and all her friends) will be very disappointed. Too bad our ship doesn't stop there.

• 2 months later...
Anyone been here recently?

no, but I'm booked with them for the day next week.

I got the open bar, snorkel tour, lunch, and beach access package for $43 pp. I figured I could drink that much if nothing else.

Nothing but rave reviews on trip advisor

no, but I'm booked with them for the day next week.

I got the open bar, snorkel tour, lunch, and beach access package for $43 pp. I figured I could drink that much if nothing else.

Nothing but rave reviews on trip advisor

Thanks! I've been there twice, but not in a few years. Wondering if this is the place for us to go in December. Bringing along my daughters and son in law, and they want a real relaxing beach day.

Have a great time and come back and let us know how you enjoy your day.

• 2 months later...

This was our second trip to Playa Uvas. We had another great experience. This was the second time that did the Discover SCUBA plus lunch and drinks.

We were met at the front of the business by Carmen. As always, she makes you feel so welcome. Luis and his father Jorge gave us our safety class and then we headed out for the shore dive followed by the trip to the reef by boat. The diving was as awesome as it was our first trip.

When we got back, we had a great lunch and took advantage of our drink package. Our waiter and bar staff was outstanding. We never waited for anything.

I found the resort to be in good condition. The place was very clean. The restrooms are older, but were kept clean during our visit. This is a great place to come and try SCUBA for the first time. The snorkeling is also very good. Right at the surf line, it is a little rocky. They have sandbags for you to walk on to avoid the rocks.

I am stopping again in Cozumel in January and am looking forward to returning to Playa Uvas.

This was our second trip to Playa Uvas. We had another great experience. This was the second time that did the Discover SCUBA plus lunch and drinks.

We were met at the front of the business by Carmen. As always, she makes you feel so welcome. Luis and his father Jorge gave us our safety class and then we headed out for the shore dive followed by the trip to the reef by boat. The diving was as awesome as it was our first trip.

When we got back, we had a great lunch and took advantage of our drink package. Our waiter and bar staff was outstanding. We never waited for anything.

I found the resort to be in good condition. The place was very clean. The restrooms are older, but were kept clean during our visit. This is a great place to come and try SCUBA for the first time. The snorkeling is also very good. Right at the surf line, it is a little rocky. They have sandbags for you to walk on to avoid the rocks.

I am stopping again in Cozumel in January and am looking forward to returning to Playa Uvas.

If you were looking for just a day at the beach would you still pick Playa Uvas?

If you were looking for just a day at the beach would you still pick Playa Uvas?

I go for the water sports, food and drink. I would go for a beach day as well....Just because it is such a small resort and I have not seen it over run with people. Remember though, it is a small property.

Hope this answers your question,

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just booked our third trip to Playa Uvas tonight. We are doing the two tank discover SCUBA again. The SCUBA staff is great and we are looking forward to spending another day at the resort.

Both of my college aged kids already emailed me back and are fired up to go to Uvas.

Just booked our third trip to Playa Uvas tonight. We are doing the two tank discover SCUBA again. The SCUBA staff is great and we are looking forward to spending another day at the resort.

Both of my college aged kids already emailed me back and are fired up to go to Uvas.

Glad to hear you've enjoyed your scuba experience with them! Thanks for the info.

Enjoy!!!

• 1 year later...

My husband and I took a taxi to this hidden treasure! Was much cheaper than carnival's offered excursions, plus, before we booked we had time to do the local shopping, touring etc... We got the all inclusive package, drinks were great & plentiful! They were bringing us more drinks before we finished the ones prior so they weren't trying to hold us off to drink less.

We went the beginning in Dec. The beach was beautiful although not very sandy but they had sand bags to help you walk out instead of stepping on the rough ground. We did the snorkel tour and our guide was great! We snorkeled for over an hour and had a great experience. A local guy took pics of us snorkeling. We purchased a CD from him of all the pics he took of us super cheap - I think it was $20 for all the pics VS Carnival's $10 per pic. We loved the CD - that's a great souvenir to have!

They also had an alligator you could hold, pics w/ parrots and a plastic ball you could get into to roll around and play in.

I would def recommend this awesome place. I wasn't a big fan of other places we visited in Mexico but LOVED Cozumel because of this place and can't wait to go back! If you cruise to Cozumel you have to try this place, you won't regret it!

We were there the 2nd week of Dec. Nice laidback beach. Like Jen77 said, it is a small beach, but it has a good staff, good food and cold drinks. We snorkeled most of the day, purchased the cd, had some good fajitas and had a nice relaxing day. I was a little disappointed with the snorkeling. We have snorkeled places on both sides of this beach, Chankanaab and Playa Corona, and both had better snorkeling. I did see a huge grouper at Uvas though. If you want to loaf and take it easy this is a good place.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Thinking of going there on the 18th of this month.

Can we revive this thread, please? Can people who've been there recently share their experiences? It's between Nachi Cocom and Playa Uvas Uvas is closer to the port (Puerta Maya) and a little cheaper.

Would really like to get some recent impressions!!