Anyone back from the Black Sea yet?

jhp

Wendy the Wanderer, Judith2, I think you were planning this itinerary. I leave in early August, and would really love to hear about the ports! Can't do a search on the old boards, unfortunately.

Several are just now returning from the Black Sea cruise so perhaps they'll be posting reviews.

I'd love to hear more about the Norweigan Fijords too. This is where Ngaire is right now so perhaps she'll check in with an update. These are both itineraries I'm interested in.

JHP -

We are on Black Sea 8/2, but spending the week before in Istanbul. We're looking forward to the trip but have found very little about the ports. Some brief, but good, reading is in the Let's Go series' Eastern Europe volume. Although the book is more for the college/post-college crowd, they've always been very accurate about locations, emergency numbers, local customs, and identifying major tourist attractions. They're also usually dead on about identifying scams and amateurish efforts.

Try a google search on each of the ports, it's surprising how much information comes up!

traveller333, Ngaire has lots of information stored in her computer for Norway. I'm sure she would be happy to e-mail it to you. She has pretty good trip synopses for all of the cruises that she has been on with a lot of practical information.

Archived