What Time Did You Actually Walk Off The Ship in NY?

Trece

A question for prior Dawn cruisers disembarking in NY from a Bermuda/Bahamas itinerary - we need to take a cab to meet someone in NYC when we disembark Dawn and we were wondering for those without air or other transportation arrangements a ballpark time when we could actually count on leaving the ship? We will be in touch by cell phone with them but just wanted to have an idea in advance. Thanks!

A question for prior Dawn cruisers disembarking in NY from a Bermuda/Bahamas itinerary - we need to take a cab to meet someone in NYC when we disembark Dawn and we were wondering for those without air or other transportation arrangements a ballpark time when we could actually count on leaving the ship? We will be in touch by cell phone with them but just wanted to have an idea in advance. Thanks!

Ship states "disembarking 2 hours after arrival".

you can do "Express disembarkaton" if you are citizens and can carry off your own luggage.

Sign up for "express disembarkation" early..check your daily or go to reception on deck 7 (atrium) to sign up for it.

Good luck...it does work;)

Thanks for that information! I guess what doesn't make sense to me is that the itinerary says Dawn arrives in NY at 10 a.m. If disembarkation begins two hours after arrival, that's noon. How on earth are they ready to sail again at 4 p.m.? I was thinking that arrival was earlier and disembarkation began at 10 - but that isn't what it says, and you obviously saw the same information we did. So I think I'm still a little confused (not a surprise).

We don't necessarily have to be off very early, we just need to provide a ballpark time as to when we WILL be off.:confused:

We are sailing 5/27 - 6/3- we actually DO need to get off early as our plane leaves LGA at 1:00 pm. I looked at the webcam at 8:45 last Saturday and the ship was docked. I don't understand why the itinerary says 10:00, when I think it's actually 8:00 and then off by 10:00.

Anyway, same question-

What time did you actually walk off the ship?

Thanks!

Hi Georgann, Well, let's hope we both get an answer quick! I'm glad someone else doesn't get it! :) Can you let me know how you liked your cruise when you get back? I assume you're doing the Bermuda/Bahamas itinerary. We've sailed all over the world but never from our own backyard! I'm anxious to hear a recent report. Thanks!

On the Norwegian Cruise Line CC board page, Lovetocruise answered our question! He lives in Manhattan and says he was actually in his apartment at 9:30 AM Saturday morning! I assume he did express disembarkation and either walked or caught a cab home.

I am hoping to be off the ship by 10:00, so it looks like that's a real possibility. It might be a good guess for your pick-up time also.

Of course all of this is assuming the ship is on time!

We will definitely post a review when we return- possibly a live one from the ship since I enjoy those so much.

Archived