EWR to Cape Liberty

Hi! I hope we can get some help. We are sailing from Cape Liberty in Bayonne, NJ in October. What is the best way to get to the port from the airport? We know about the transfers available from the cruise line. I understand there is public transportation available, but is this workable with luggage, and if so, what is the procedure? For anyone who has taken a cab; how much is it? Thank you in advance for any information you would give us.

Donna and Steve

I live in NJ so I've never taken a cab from the AP to the port but when you land follow the signs for baggage claim. From there, follow the signs for ground transportation. You can catch a cab from there; there is some sort of line & signs about official taxis v. gypsies and the regulated fares. It's probably about $20 & will take about 20-30 minutes, depending on traffic. If you fit your luggage in the trunk of your car at home, it should fit in the taxi.

Archived