Water - Bottled or Tap?

aaklang

I'm travelling on Millennium in June. Does anyone know how much they charge for bottled water? Is the tap water safe to drink? Is bottled water included with the soda card?

It's my first cruise - I can't wait!

We bought bottled water in ports, but not on the ship. There will be a water jug (tap water) & ice bucket in your cabin that is refilled a couple of times/day. It tastes fine and we often used the water to refill our water bottles before heading out in the morning. They sell bottled water on the ship ... sorry, I don't know the price and whether it's included on your soda card.

You picked an awesome cruise!! Enjoy!!!

I think the tap water on a modern ship is probably purer than most municipal drinking water.

I've never had a problem with it; wife with more sensitive tummy, drinks only bottled water. I don't recall price of the bottled water, but don't think it was excessive.

I have a rather sensitive stomach when it comes to such things, and the water on the ship was just fine. Tasted good too :) Also loved having the water pitcher and ice bucket in our cabin. Very nice touch.

We have a reverse osmosis water purifier at home and have for as long as I can remember. I don't like drinking tap water.

We did not want to drink the water on the ship and planned to get bottled water to take on with us. We were not able to get the water because of a problem we had the last day before we left on our trip which prevented us from getting out. We ended up drinking the water on the Mercury. It tasted fine and we had no problems.

I was on the Galaxy in February to the Panama Canal and the water on that ship was fine to drink. It was often warm but there was usually a full ice bucket. I know the bottled water on the Galaxy was Evian, and it was expensive. There sold the small bottle for $2.00 not sure on the size and the large one which was 1.5 liters for $4.50. Thats a little pricey. What I ended up doing was going to a grocery store while in port and buying them there. You can usually get them really cheap there. When I bought them in Costa Rica there were $1.00 US each, but when I was in Europe a couple years ago they were like .15-.20 euro cents each. Really cheap for a 1.5 liter bottle. They wont fit in the fridge in the room, so have a couple smaller bottles and refill those and put them in the fridge or take several nalgene bottles. But really the water on the ship is fine for most.

Archived