Newark to Hyatt/Train?? and NYC subway??

DFW4

Flying into Newark on Saturday and room is reserved at the Hyatt Jersey City. Any locals have info on taking train service from the airport to the hotel? Checking the airport website, it looks possible, but not sure how much of a hassle it will be. (just two of us with one suitcase each)

Also I thought I read that there is a train line from the hotel to the port (Cape Liberty), but I can't seem to find that information.

Finally, if we take the PATH from the hotel to NYC WTC, is it walking distance to times sq, or can I transfer to another subway to get there?

If you haven't guessed, I'm trying to keep transportation costs to a minimum so as to have funds onboard and left over for the family cruise in July:)

Flying into Newark on Saturday and room is reserved at the Hyatt Jersey City. Any locals have info on taking train service from the airport to the hotel? Checking the airport website, it looks possible, but not sure how much of a hassle it will be. (just two of us with one suitcase each)

Also I thought I read that there is a train line from the hotel to the port (Cape Liberty), but I can't seem to find that information.

Finally, if we take the PATH from the hotel to NYC WTC, is it walking distance to times sq, or can I transfer to another subway to get there?

If you haven't guessed, I'm trying to keep transportation costs to a minimum so as to have funds onboard and left over for the family cruise in July:)

The subway costs $2.00 each way. Its about 3 miles from WTC to Times Square which you can walk in about an hour. There is an all day subway pass for $6.00. A one week pass cost about $20.00. If there are two of you, you can buy a $10.00 metro card that gives you 6 rides for the cost of 5. Transfers between Subways and buses are free. I don't believe you can use the metro card on the Path. The Subways and buses are run by the MTA(metropolitan transit authority) and the PATH(PORT AUTHORITY TRANS HUDSON) by the NYNJ Port Authority.

You can take the Airtrain from the airport to Newark Airport Train station and then take a PATH bus to Exchange Place (which is where your hotel is located).

I don't think there are any trains that run from Exchange Place to Bayonne because the trains that close to the city are all heading to Penn Station.

The World Trade Center stop on MTA is massive and you can hop any number of subways to Times Square.

If it were me, I'd just hop in a cab from Newark Airport to your hotel. Trying to take the train and the bus can be confusing and a big PIA. Plus, if you get on the wrong bus, as my husband once did, you can end up in some pretty bad parts of Newark. Since it is so close, the cab should be fairly cheap.

if we take the PATH from the hotel to NYC WTC, is it walking distance to times sq, or can I transfer to another subway to get there?

If you take PATH to WTC, you can get to Times Square on the E (subway). Alternatively, you can take the PATH to Herald Square (33rd Street) and walk 9 blocks north to Times Square.

If you take PATH to WTC, you can get to Times Square on the E (subway). Alternatively, you can take the PATH to Herald Square (33rd Street) and walk 9 blocks north to Times Square.

Cabs are probably easier to come by in Times Square (or Penn Station, the stop before), but the E train also goes to 8th Ave. and 50th Street, which is probably closer to the port.

Archived