Interior v. Oceanview?!

I need some help real quick. My TA is going to call me back later this evening to finalize room detals. So far my two choices are these: O.V., Deck 8, around $930, or, Interior, Deck 2, around $800. I've only ever been in a JS before so I have no idea which of these rooms to choose. :confused: Basically, if it's not worth the extra $100+ I'd rather not spend it. Pro's and Con's of each? Suggestions?

TIA

I'd choose the OV as I like to look out the window. I check the weather by looking outside. I also leave the xurtain open a little and use the daylight as an alarm clock.

I don't think I'd like to have an interior, but if it were an interior cabin on a cruise or stay here in Ohio I'd choose the Interior in a heartbeat.

Personally I LOVE an interior cabin. I've never felt "closed in" and it makes for wonderful sleeping conditions whether it be at night or taking a re-charge the battery nap in the middle of the afternoon.

I think it depends on what you like to do in your cabin. The rooms will probably be similar. The main difference is whether you have an outside window.

Also check the location against the floor plans. Many people have preferences on mid or aft cabins. Also make sure nothing is directly or below you (like the disco) if you like your room to be quiet. If you are too far forward or aft, you may hear noise. I had an aft cabin on Rhapsody and heard the anchor drop in each port. I hear some people hear noise if they are near a steward station. They have crew elevators on each floor in addition to the passenger ones so the room stewards can get the linnen and cleaning supplies to your room. This can be a little noisier too. It pays to check the location or you cabin to other areas of the ship.

I personally like inside cabins since I'm never in my room; I don't see the reason on paying more unless you have a balcony or suite. A balcony or suite encourages you to enjoy your room a little more; maybe entertain a little. A window does nothing for me except gives me an idea of how to dress (i.e., sunny day today, I'll wear shorts). Your room will be a little darker too in an inside since you don't have an outside window but this may not be the case on some of the newer ships with an inside window into the atrium area.

If its a 7 day cruise, the price difference you mention is below the average, it's usually more like $200pp. The window is nice, but it might be more importnat to take a look at which cabin will be closer to dining, the pool, etc.

I had my first interior last cruise on the Majesty. The room was the same size as the OV:eek: . It was absolutely fine - I never felt closed in, it was dark to sleep, and nice for a mid day snooze. If you want to see the weather, you can turn on the tv, there should be a camera to the outside.

Take OV if you think you NEED to see outside, but the cabin size is probably very similar. I 'MIGHT' take a suite if we had 3 sea days, but would personally never spend the extra money if the cruise is port intensive. I am very frugal - so I would save on the cabin and spend elsewhere. JMHO :rolleyes:

I generally hate to spend more for a "window" cabin...

I don't think you get much for the money...

The cabins are, for the most part, except for the window, identical...

You're going to use your cabin to sleep, change clothes and use the "facilities"...Most of that time it's dark anyway...there's nothing to see out the window...

So, my choice is to save the money and use on other things...

Now, OTOH, if the differential in price from the inside to a BALCONY is minor, that's another story...

A balcony gives you a much bigger window, making the room feel bigger (though it's usually not either)...But you DO get additional usable space--the balcony--a couple of deck chairs, a place to go outside and enjoy the fresh air, etc.

I had window cabins on my first couple of cruises before deciding "what's the point?"

Now, I go back and forth between balconies and insides...

If it's a port-intensive cruise with long hours in interesting ports, I go with an inside...Figure also, the insides and others all go to the same ports, eat in the same dining room, see the same shows, etc.

If I'm going to the Caribbean or Mexico and there are a few at-sea days and I might spend some time in the cabin--and (importantly) if the difference in price is relatively small, I'll go with the lowest price balcony...

Good luck...

There is no Question..especially not for a $100..that is only about £55. I cannot believe you stopped to think. It is such a small difference.What will it actually benefit. I am also so surprised that so many people have suggested an interior.

Sleep and darkness is just about right to sum it up.I have been there and done that years ago.. You never know where you are (in relations to the ships position)...or what time it is.or.what's going on outside. you always need the lights on. Even washing and dressing is horrible. imo. I would no longer consider an interior..for love or money. It is a different world..different planet..with a window. Anyone who tells you otherwise..isn't being completely honest. Or hasn't actually experienced the difference. Our table mates had an interior.for the very same reasons mentioned... and could not believe the VAST Difference..when they saw our cabin. It is literally the difference Between NIGHT..and DAY!!!

The first afternoon after sailing..when I opened my cabin door for the first time...I could Not Believe that Beautiful Ocean was right outside my window. I was so taken back by the beauty. We were Deck 3.. on the Legend.. and it is very close to the waves. It was amazing beyond belief.

Every Day.. we woke to another beautiful vista in our window. The ports in the Med..are gorgeous..and each was framed by our window. Every time we entered our cabin..there was something beautiful to see. My nose was constantly pressed to the glass.

You can look out to the waves and moon last thing at night..see the sunrise..watch the entries to the ports from your bed... if they are early and you are not dressed yet. I watched the tenders load and unload passengers.... and sail away.. from under our window.. In ports we were at anchor. All sorts of yachts and sailboats came out in harbour to see us.. The QE 2 was alongside my window for ages...as we left Southampton together.

My window on the world made all the difference. I thought I was going to have a tiny, horrible cabin I would want to leave as quickly as possible... but I absolutely loved it. The window was huge..the views filled the room..as did the light and brightness that came with it. It was just wonderful!! Regards, Carol

I'm paying extra for a oceanview because my 12 year old son is coming on his first cruise and I wanted him to wake up and be able to look at the ocean. Otherwise I'd go for interior

It is definitely a personal preference, but it is worth it to me to pay extra for a window. I enjoy being able to see outside, day or night. I've watched pilot boats pull up to & away from the ship, going into or out of port, high waves in bad weather, & just watching the beautiful water! Well worth it to me & I would only take an interior cabin if I couldn't afford a window. Got a good deal on a balcony last Dec. & it was even better! Give me a window anytime.

Archived