LaQuinta Riverview - Charleston, SC

OhioGirl

I can tell you that we are just back from Charleston after a 5 day stay at the Holiday Inn downtown. It is an excellent hotel and they have a concierce Kevin McQuade who will answer any questions you have. Make suggestions for trips and book restaurants for you if you like. If you go over to Trip Advisor you will see that they are rated #1 favorite in Charleston. You can not only read reviews there about this hotel but every hotel in Charleston

Thanks for the suggestion.

But we are trying to go as cheap and safe as possible. We have to book 6 rooms, 2 people in our group have to rent electric scooters for the cruise. We have to pay parking at the Pier Terminal...so again..need a room at that lost possible price..

Is it a La Quinta or a La Quinta Inn and Suites ? The Inn and Suites are new and much better. No problem if it is a I and S.

If it is just a La Quinta it is hard to tell. They do buy old motels and convert them over.

I just took a look. It is not an Inn and Suites but doesn't look bad.

Thanks for the suggestion.

, 2 people in our group have to rent electric scooters for the cruise. ..

One caveat, Charleston sidewalks are not even. Anywhere.

Because of the age of the city, the sidewalks are not concrete but cobblestone, brick, flagstone or slate. It is not a wheelchair/scooter friendly place. Their mobility will be limited if they require a scooter to get around Charleston.

One caveat, Charleston sidewalks are not even. Anywhere.

Because of the age of the city, the sidewalks are not concrete but cobblestone, brick, flagstone or slate. It is not a wheelchair/scooter friendly place. Their mobility will be limited if they require a scooter to get around Charleston.

No they are going to use the scooters on the cruise! But thinks for the information!!

Sheila

Is it a La Quinta or a La Quinta Inn and Suites ? The Inn and Suites are new and much better. No problem if it is a I and S.

If it is just a La Quinta it is hard to tell. They do buy old motels and convert them over.

I just took a look. It is not an Inn and Suites but doesn't look bad.

Gizmo...

do you know who this is? Its me Sheila as in Brian and Sheila...from the Statendam...you need to write me...we would love you to go on this cruise with us...LOL...

Yes, and I wish I were going with you. We had such a good time on the Statendam a couple of years ago. We have a cruise planned for Dec.

I wonder if Brian is going to do the "flower thing" in the cabin;) ?

Yes, and I wish I were going with you. We had such a good time on the Statendam a couple of years ago. We have a cruise planned for Dec.

I wonder if Brian is going to do the "flower thing" in the cabin;) ?

What flower thing??? Come on give me a hint!!!

I rather him do the "engagement ring thing in the cabin"!

You dont' remember the flowers in your cabin ? I think it was flower petals all over the bed !!!! Very romantic, but I agree the RING would be better. ;)

You dont' remember the flowers in your cabin ? I think it was flower petals all over the bed !!!! Very romantic, but I agree the RING would be better. ;)

I think you have me confused wih someone else..Brian doesn't have romantic bone in his body...his one saving grace is

"He has good credit, and knows how to buy jewelry!" LOL

I drove by it today, and it is in a very convenient location, just across the bridge from the city of Charleston. If you get on the front side of the hotel, you will have a nice view of a marina, but if you get on the back side, there is a ramp to an expressway and it might be noisy. There is a California Dreaming restaurant (very good) next to the hotel, and there are several others within easy driving distance. It is a good safe area with no parking problems. I think it used to be a Hampton Inn but am not positive. It is a relatively new hotel.

I drove by it today, and it is in a very convenient location, just across the bridge from the city of Charleston. If you get on the front side of the hotel, you will have a nice view of a marina, but if you get on the back side, there is a ramp to an expressway and it might be noisy. There is a California Dreaming restaurant (very good) next to the hotel, and there are several others within easy driving distance. It is a good safe area with no parking problems. I think it used to be a Hampton Inn but am not positive. It is a relatively new hotel.

Thanks so much for your input...We are planning on booking our rooms tomorrow..

Sheila

Archived