Tara Vana Sunset Cruise on August 22nd

Trobrah

Never2late, I see you were on the Sun last year. We were on it in 2002. We fell in love with that ship. The Diamond and Star are okay if you can stand the cattle herd. They just didn't have that cozy feeling. How was your experience on the Sun? Sorry for breaking the thread, hope you don't mind.

Hi Cruisenut -- Yes we loved the Sun Princess -- didn't really have anything to compare it to, but it sure convinced us to become cruisers, hence, our cruise to Tahiti in August. Alaska will be hard to beat -- when we were selecting a cruise, I read so many posts that for scenery that could match or surpass Alaska -- Tahiti was the place.

Looking forward to meeting all of the CCers on board the Tahitian Princess!

Andrea:)

Since the Sunset Cruise is about 3 hours, we'll miss dinner on the TP (early and late).....is anyone interested in making reservations at Bloody Mary's and having Capt. Postma drop us off thereicon12.gif I've read on past posts that that's what other have done. What do you guys thinkicon5.gif

We thought we would miss dinner on our cruise so we planned to (and did) eat at Bloody Mary's. Several in our group didn't want to miss "Lamb Night" - Capt Postma dropped them off first - in plenty of time for the 8:00 tender - they had 2nd seating and made it fine. Eight of us didn't want to rush back so Captain Postma docked at Bloody Mary's and took us in. We had to drop some passengers off at the Sheraton first, so it was pitch black by the time we got to Bloody Mary's. That was almost as much fun as the sunset - the stars are absolutely unbelievable. The crew pointed out the Southern Cross to us - we had never seen it before. The stars were very different looking from what we're used to. They didn't look so high - it seemed like you could almost touch them...Oops - sorry to digress - just wanted to let you know that you probably have an option for dinner - I'd check with Richard just to be sure.

I'd still choose Bloody Mary's - but we thought we would have to eat in Bora Bora - just like you and we could do either. I think we made our reservations for 9:00 and made it there close to 8:00.

No appetizers, I think Hinanos and White Wine or colas (no champagne on the champagne sunset sail, which we all found mildly amusing!!). Great stories and relaxing ride, and beautiful views.

We signed up for a circle island tour in the morning with another couple who was sunset sailing with us - the last stop was Bloody Mary's and we made reservations for 8 then. Much different in the day than the evening.

Capt Postma was so glad we had made the reservations, because he was warning us on the boat that we might not be able to get in - he was relieved when I told him we had already made the reservations - he didn't want us to be disappointed. (I think we would have been able to get in that night though, because they were able to seat us early - there's no guarantees.) It was pretty funny - When Capt Postma was docking, a boat was parked in "his" spot - I thought he was going to cut it loose - finally security came and moved it for him - it was pretty funny.

Coral or Capt Postma may be able to help with reservations as well, if you ask her - I'm not sure. I don't have conact info for them.

• 1 month later...

Archived