Carnival in Europe...

We have been researching a Mediterranean cruise for our anniversary next Fall 2007. TA just sent me great pricing on Carnival's Freedom...and the itinerary is great....with a true overnight in Venice. TA says that cruising on Carnival in Europe is nothing like the Caribbean...has anyone done it? Is she correct? I've done some searching and see that they use pretty much the same excursion co's as Princess and HAL...as well as docks..

The best info on cruising comes from these boards...Any opinions greatly appreciated.

Audrey

Hi Audrey,

We cruised on Carnival's Liberty last August. It was the Liberty's 4th sailing as a brand new ship. I wrote an extensive review and put it on our Cruise Critic roll call. You can view it at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=68470&page=29&pp=25&highlight=Liberty

It is posting # 712.

We've cruised alot, and this Med cruise was, by far, the best cruise we've ever taken. If you have any questions, just e-mail me.

John

We have been researching a Mediterranean cruise for our anniversary next Fall 2007. TA just sent me great pricing on Carnival's Freedom...and the itinerary is great....with a true overnight in Venice. TA says that cruising on Carnival in Europe is nothing like the Caribbean...has anyone done it? Is she correct? I've done some searching and see that they use pretty much the same excursion co's as Princess and HAL...as well as docks..

The best info on cruising comes from these boards...Any opinions greatly appreciated.

Audrey

We cruised on Liberty last year in the Med which will be just like the Freedom will be next year. The Med is nothing like the Caribbean. Longer cruise, more ports to visit and I'm not sure if this was true for all sailings but its not a "party all night" type of cruise. Very toned down from what you might have in the Caribbean and the formal nights are formal.

Most of the cruiselines sail to the Med and there are alot of itineraries to choose from. If your looking at the fall, then be careful as to how late in the fall you plan to go. Venice gets rainy and chilly late in the season. Check the weather sites as to the historical weather for each of places you will visit so you know what to expect during the timeframe you are planning to go.

Have fun with your planning. Venice is one of my favorite places. But then again, they all seem to be my favorites;)

Julia

I loved my Caribbean Carnival cruise and as a matter of fact that's why I picked Carnival Freedom for my next cruise to Europe! I don't party much myself, but I prefer a lively ship. European cruises being more expensive I'm guessing the average age won't be 30, but still I'm hoping for families with children and a good mix of generations. I got a good look at the Carnival Liberty the other day in Cannes, she's gorgeous and the sight of the Carnival fin just made me happy. I know Carnival gets a bad rep on some boards, but it's a nice cruise line and they do have great itineraries in Europe on new ships. My idea of a good time!

I love Carnival Cruises in the Carib., and I have chosen Carnival's Freedom for my family's European cruise in June of 2007. I'll be taking two boys-11 and 14- and I know we will all enjoy the Carnival cruise. You can find a party when you want one, and peace and quiet when you need it!

Archived