Specialty restaurant on the Glory

HMK

We did Scarlett's on the Valor - the food was AMAZING. Very worth the extra cost. We plan on doing the Glory restaurant (the Emerald Room) when we cruise in June (celebrating the 10 year anniversary of my DH proposing).

When you dine in the specialty restaurants onboard do you choose from a menu of options or is it a preset dinner menu. I have a picky husband so choices would be best for us if we were to do this. Also, just curious, what makes the food here so much better than the food or steak you get in the main dining room?

When you dine in the specialty restaurants onboard do you choose from a menu of options or is it a preset dinner menu. I have a picky husband so choices would be best for us if we were to do this. Also, just curious, what makes the food here so much better than the food or steak you get in the main dining room?

The food is much better than what you get in the dining room - the kitchen cooks for this room only so food is cooked to order. The menu lets you choose - here's a list from an internet post I found -

Tucked away midship on Panorama Deck is one of Carnival Glory's finest features—the Emerald Room supper club. After dark the decor softens and glows with jewel toned light. It's a romantic restaurant with an elegant ambiance and, best of all, serves superb meals!

Our server greeted us with a tray displaying the evening's entrees... anyone familiar with big-city steakhouses will recognize such a presentation. All steaks are USDA Prime, hand selected, and dry aged for 30 days to insure perfection. In addition to huge New York strip, Porterhouse, and Filet Mignon steaks, other choices included Alaskan King Crab Claws, Chilean Sea Bass, Broiled Free Range Chicken, Grilled Lamb Chops, milk-fed Broiled Veal Chop, Lobster Tail, and Surf & Turf.

I began with a selection of starters—escargots baked in brioche, wrapped in rice paper, and classic Bourguignonne style, followed by a creamy lobster bisque, and classic Caesar salad. My Surf & Turf, a petit filet and lobster tail were exquisite—succulent lobster and meat that didn't require a steak knife. A trio of crème brûlée was the perfect dessert. Each course was served with a flourish on unique china and the presentation was worthy of one of the best meals I've been served on any cruise ship. Dinner in the Emerald Room is a must-do on Carnival Glory and the nominal cover charge is a steal.

It is a regular menu with filet mignon, lobster, veal, chicken, etc. He should have no problem finding something he likes. I think the food is better, because it is cooked to order like in a regular restaurant instead of the more mass production of the dining room. The service is also phenomonal!!!! Think upscale restaurant. Definitely worth the extra $$

I liked the Emerald Room a lot, though the placement isn't great (surrounded by the jogging track -- but windows are covered). Food was superb. You are presented a menu, and you pick your appetizer, salad, entree, and dessert. At the end, you are presented a bill ($30/pp + alcohol/soda, premiums for caviar) that you can add gratuity to if you so desire (it is included in price, but service is so good you might add a little more).

My darling hubby and I dined in the Emerald Room last year. Although the food and the service were impeccable, I don't think it was any better than the dining room. You do get more personal attention and the deserts were awesome.

I remember it being very quiet and eloquent. No entertainment at all.

While we enoyed the food and ambience, I personally don't think it is worth the extra money.

We have dined in the supper club on each of our 3 cruises. While the Emerald Room was nice, it was not as nice as those on the Pride and the Miracle. Even though the Glory is a larger ship, the Emerald Room seemed to be smaller than those of the other two. It seemed to be a little cramped. Also, there was entertainment on our cruise, but it didn't seem to fit the atmosphere of the room. While we received plenty of attention from the waitstaff, they didn't seem to be as seasoned as those on the previous cruises. The food and the presentation were excellent. With all that being said, it was definitely worth the extra money.

OK, I see that everyone agree's that its a must do to eat there. Now can anyone tell me which night would be the best night to go?

Also, I know in the regular dining rooms....you can order a second entree, is it the same in the specialty restaurants also?

Which night would be a good night to choose? Also, what time would you suggest....so we don't miss any shows at night.

Do people bring there kids? In our group....the kids ages range from 10-17.

Most of the tables I saw were adult only. There was one big table with kids. I think of the supper clubs as the kind of place where parents would go on a date. We left our youngest at Camp Carnival and the twins had a buffet dinner before doing teen activities.

We went to the Valor restaurant on a non-formal night, so that we could enjoy the formal night menus in the dining room.

Archived