Favorite W. Caribbean itinerary?

DH and I want to go to the Western Caribbean (7 nights) for our 2008 cruise but can't decide which itinerary to choose :confused: Please share which was your favorite itinerary and why! TIA

~Steph :)

Hey Steph, come join us on Cruise Critic's first ever Group Cruise on the Voyager of the Seas on 1/28/07. We are going to Cozumel, Roatan, Costa Maya, and Progreso.

We don't care for too many ports. We really do love the ships. 2 years ago we were diverted west because of a hurricane. In 9 days, we only stopped at Cozumel and Ocho Rios. We had four straight sea days. Loved every minute of the cruise.

I like the beach day that Labadee gives me and I LOVE Grand Cayman! Enjoy your cruise! :D

We love Labadee too :D We thought it was great to have Labadee on our Eastern cruise last year, And last month we booked a Western caribbean cruise and was so happy to see we could go back to Labadee as will as see some ports we have never seen like Grand Cayman and Jamaica. We can't wait!

Voyager 12/16/06 Western Caribbean

Voyager 11/26/05 Eastern Caribbean

S.S. Azure Seas 11/90 Mexico

DH and I laughingly refer to the Western Caribbean itineraries as the "Mexiribbean" cruises...:D :D

We are really tired of the Western, much prefer the Eastern and Southern. Many more interesting and diverse islands on the "other" side.

Thanks for the replies. In 2007 we're going to the Eastern Caribbean and then in 2009 we are doing a big 11 night Southern Caribbean (we'll have the moo-lah for that one by then :D). So we figured in 2008 we'd hit the Western Caribbean. The itinerary that goes to Labadee, Ocho Rios, George Town, and Cozumel all looked nice to me, but I just don't know...decisions decisions.... :rolleyes:...feel free to keep the suggestions coming though, I appreciate it!

~Steph

I have heard as many as 10 ships in port in Grand Cayman since the new dock has opened. The shops are very crowded. I think next time we are in GC that we will go to the other side of the island and check out some of the more local, non touristy stores.

I'm the exact opposite. I've now been twice and have no desire to go back. GC is part of the reason I prefer Eastern over Western.

Wrona, can I ask why? Just curious as I'm looking forward to GC as to be my fave port to visit....:)

[quote=VanessaC322]If the Valor is still doing it, we LOVED Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman, Cozumel itinerary....

We loved this itinerary on the Valor also. Next year.we're going on Navigator on the itinerary you are considering (The itinerary that goes to Labadee, Ocho Rios, George Town, and Cozumel all looked nice to me, but I just don't know...decisions decisions). We've been to 2 of these ports, but would like to try Ocho Rios and Labadee. As for GC and Cozumel, they are beach days for us now (which is ok with me), as we've done the ruins, stingrays, turtles....

I would say that it depends on what you want to do. We did more sightseeing than I would have liked on our last cruise, so I am ready for great beach ports.

I'd love to do an 11 day Southern Carib cruise in 2008 (20th anniversary!).I should start saving......

Just returned from a 12-day Galaxy (okay, I know, not RCCL, but is it is "sister" cruiseline!) cruise to the western Caribbean/Panama Canal. Both of us loved Costa Rica (if it is offered, the shore excursion to the coffee plantation is the best we have ever taken) and both were disappointed in Montego Bay (just didn't feel comfortable/safe).

Wrona, can I ask why? Just curious as I'm looking forward to GC as to be my fave port to visit....:)

The first time I went I did an island tour and the stingrays. While the stingrays were fun, the island tour wasn't - I just didn't think GC was that beautiful a place plus the shopping was expensive. Hell wasn't worth stopping at, neither was the Turtle Farm. To top it all of it was pouring rain most of the day - and crowded from too many ships there - and there were only 4. Now its common for there to be as many as 10. The 2nd time I went we were (luckily) the only ship there and the weather was perfect, I did the stingrays again and snorkeling this time. While it was fine, I've had better snorkeling at other islands - and I think the water is more beautiful in the Southern Caribbean.

Thanks for the replies. In 2007 we're going to the Eastern Caribbean and then in 2009 we are doing a big 11 night Southern Caribbean (we'll have the moo-lah for that one by then :D). So we figured in 2008 we'd hit the Western Caribbean. The itinerary that goes to Labadee, Ocho Rios, George Town, and Cozumel all looked nice to me, but I just don't know...decisions decisions.... :rolleyes:...feel free to keep the suggestions coming though, I appreciate it!

~Steph

We are doing the Labadee,Ocho Rios,Georgetown and Cozumel in December we have never been so when we return around Christmas time I will post a report and let you know how it was ;)

Voyager 12/16/06 Western Caribbean

Voyager 11/26/05 Esatern Caribbean

S.S. Azure seas 11/90 Mexico

I am just the opposite of some others on the board. I just LOVE Grand Cayman. We have been there three times and I have never bee disappointed.

We did the Turtle Farm the first time and I found it fascinating. Hell wasn't so exdciting, but it is fun to go to and send a postcard.

We went to Sea Grape Beach the second time and it was beautiful. The third time we just went on our own, and visited things we didn't see before.

I would choose a Western trip with Grand Cayman each time.

Archived