World Cup Broadcast on Star?

sowhynot

Any one know (or know who'd I check with) to see if the World Cup will be broadcast on board the Star? We're leaving on July 9th and it would be nice to see some of the games on the ship. Either that or I need to set multiple VCRs!

Any one know (or know who'd I check with) to see if the World Cup will be broadcast on board the Star? We're leaving on July 9th and it would be nice to see some of the games on the ship. Either that or I need to set multiple VCRs!

TiVO or digital recorders are cool.

-Monte

NCL in the UK have announced that all the World Cup games will be broadcast on the Jewel (Med cruises) and the Dream (Baltic cruises). Presumably this is to cater for the higher percentage of European passengers on these cruises. No mention of the games being shown on any of the other ships in the fleet.

When we were on the Star in January they had all sorts of NCAA basketball games showing in the Red Lion Sports Bar so I am oretty sure they will show the World Cup Soccer coverage!

Can't imagine that they wouldn't show it.

You can email passengercourtesystar@ncl.com and inquire.

Good Luck:)

When we were on the Star in January they had all sorts of NCAA basketball games showing in the Red Lion Sports Bar so I am oretty sure they will show the World Cup Soccer coverage!

I hope they do. I'm not much of a soccer fan, but it seems to me with the amount of European travelers onboard, they would show a few games. However, to be on the safe side, I would TiVo (I recommend the man who invented that be granted immediate sainthood) or tape the games you would like to see.

Be advised, though, that the Red Lion has (if I remember correctly), one or two large TV's and a couple of smaller ones, and they usually tune to the same broadcasts. I would guess, though, that most of what you'll see will be baseball (my sport) or whatever ESPN is showing.

Jerry

July 9 is the FINAL!

Better board the ship EARLY;)

ESPN and, probably, ABC will broadcast the final.

Per Cosmopolitan's suggestion I emailed NCL Customer service. This is their reply:

Good afternoon,

I just checked with the ship and they advised me that unfortunately they don't get the signal.

Thanks,

Jennifer Hoadley

Norwegian Star Ship Coordinator

Ext. 7768

shipcoordinatorstar@ncl.com

TiVo or VCR, here I come!

Per Cosmopolitan's suggestion I emailed NCL Customer service. This is their reply:

Good afternoon,

I just checked with the ship and they advised me that unfortunately they don't get the signal.

Thanks,

Jennifer Hoadley

Norwegian Star Ship Coordinator

Ext. 7768

shipcoordinatorstar@ncl.com

TiVo or VCR, here I come!

I would bet it will be shown on the ship:)

Tivo just in case....

Have a great cruise;) --

Archived