Ecstasy from Galveston

kokosmama

DW and I sailed on Ecstasy in April right after she came out of drydock. We did not find anything that we would have considered dirty. The ship was in great condition. The crew was one of the best we have sailed with and really made us feel welcome. Yes she is an older ship but I would not hesitate to sail on her again.

Here are a few pictures we took on our trip including alot of the ship itself.

http://community.webshots.com/album/549471450bsEEcH

I'm not sure where you read about Ecstasy being dirty. But, it isn't. I was on the first sailing (4-8) after FEMA used it for Katrina. It was totally refurbished in all of the cabins. The rest of the ship was in great shape!

A lot of people are under the impression that the older ships are "dirty". I was on the Ecstasy in 2003 and I was impressed how many staff were always working to keep the ship clean. From sweeping the Lido deck, vaccuming the hallways, cleaning the handrails, and washing the windows, I noticed these things being done all the time.

To the OP: I would really do your homework about this ship before you rely on a few reviews. There were a lot of reviews in the past year about the Ecstasy that were positive.:)

Has anyone sailed this ship recently? I have not heard great things about Carnival. Mainly that the ship is a little dirty. Is there any truth to these rumors?

Learn to use the search function, type in "Ecstasy Review" and you will get a ton of good information - and from what I have seen, all positive, not one note of "dirty". If you have not heard great things about Carnival, it is because you are looking in the wrong place, spend some time on here reading. Carnival is not for everyone, but it is what we look for in a cruise!

Archived