MakingArrangements in Buenos Aires and Valpairaiso

7SeasLover

I am pleased so far with PrivateTours.com (Carlos). He has responded to all my questions, and has been very helpful.

I booked the Buenos Aires Hilton and am pleased thus far. I understand we are about 12 blocks from Florida Street where we plan to shop.

Englishmum, the Claridge Hotel is definitely centrally located. It is less than one block from Florida Street. If you make a right on Florida Street you will soon come to Gallerias Pacifico the Florida & Cordoba shopping mall. There will probably be some street entertainment along with the shops and hawkers for the shops. The amenities are what make this hotel. The welcoming bar area not just drinks, but tea and coffee along with small bites, buffet breakfast, helpful concierge, and most of all location. You can get to some of the major sites walking or by taxi for little or no money.

Raringtogo, I use tripadvisor.com just as mygirlscats does. I have never gone wrong using that site if a hotel is involved. In fact I used it to select the Claridge Hotel from those recommended by cruise critic members for BA. Just always remember to look at the dates that the reviewers stayed because sometimes people post months after their stay and if there was a problem it may be over. I never book the hotel from this site as I usually find better rates and use theirs as a bench mark.

We stayed at the Sheraton in Iguaçu and it was just like the pictures on the internet. We used a guide for the Brazilian side to save time and get easy access. It rained so we did not get to walk the Argentine side as we were there only one night and our arrival was delayed.

Airlines do not always run on time in this country so plan accordingly. If you go to one of the Tango shows it will be a bus that picks you up and it may not be on time. Do not be concerned as you will not miss any of the show.

We stayed at the Sheraton in Iguaçu and it was just like the pictures on the internet. We used a guide for the Brazilian side to save time and get easy access. It rained so we did not get to walk the Argentine side as we were there only one night and our arrival was delayed.

Dbedros: How and when did you make the arrangements for a guide to take you to the Brazilian side of the falls? And what was the cost? How much time should I allow for the trip over (from the Argentina side)?

thanks, john

JEBurton, we made our arrangements downstairs in the hotel shortly after our arrival. I think we paid $100 USD for the tour. We left at 8:15 AM and returned about 12:00 PM and this included an hour at the Bird Park.

You can make arrangements with an Argentine agency prior to your arrival also. I am glad that we did not because of the rain. You have to pay in advance and I do not know what arrangements would have been made to change the time or compensate us.

thank you to everyone who replied about hotel booking sites.

I too use Trip Advisor for absolutely everything except the actual hotel bookings - I do use them to check reviews of any hotel I may want to book anywhere in the world, but I don't particularly find their hotel bookings good prices.

Archived