Detailed Diamond question

Wrona, Yes, I went on my first cruise at 14, still living at home. On RCCL, I cruised Nordic Prince, Song of America (twice), and Sovereign of the Seas while still living at home.

My mother has had to do lots of archive work to dig up her cruise history older than 1995 with RCCL, since that seems to be about the date they really started keeping track of cruises for the C&A. They asked for proof of previous cruises, which fortunately she had through an assemblage of photos, slides, and ship memorabilia. She was able to verify her status as diamond, whereas I was left at platinum since I only had 4 cruises - despite the fact that I was still living in the same house.

However, I don't really mind. I think I SHOULD have to earn my own Diamond status. It wouldn't seem fair in my mind if I was just handed diamond membership when I only accumulated 5 points of my own, just because my mother had 15. When I cruised with RCCL each year from 1998 to 2002, I love the anticipation of trying to reach Diamond level...I felt like I was earning something for my loyalty. I guess it's the 'penny earned' analogy...which I happen to agree with!

Archived