Detailed Diamond question

I'll be one credit short of diamond status prior to my cruise next summer on Mariner.

What are the diamond benefits onboard? I know there's an additional $100 off the balcony cabin. Our cabin is just downstairs from the concierge lounge. What are the amenities of the concierge lounge?

I am considering taking a short cruise with a friend to earn the last credit. Would my husband automatically be moved to full diamond status if I did this? I.e., if he had not sailed 10 times and travelled without me, would he still have all the diamond amenities - balcony discount, concierge lounge, etc?

If a diamond member is travelling in the same cabin as a non diamond member, are there any amenities that they share? For example, I understand that on my next cruise as a Platinum member, my friend with whom I am travelling will have priority embarkation with me, as well as being able to wait in the disembarkation lunge with me. Are there any similar amenities that passengers in the same cabin as a diamond member share in?

Note - I am NOT going to sneak anyone anywhere. I'm just trying to decide if it's worth the $$ to take that extra cruise, to jump up a category before a 7 night on Mariner.

Thanks....

Diamond Member status gets access to concierge; i.e., coffee all day, continental breakfast in the am; complimentary mixed drinks, wine and beer in the evening 5-8:30pm. Concierge will help you with ice skating tickets; tendering, spa scheduling, special restaurants.

Yes, you will be able to get $200 off a balcony after Diamond status. Your DH has his own C&A # and unless he goes on a cruise with you to reach Diamond status, no, he cannot take advantage of this offer if he sails alone. If he sails with you, and you are Diamond, yes, he can take advantage of Diamond status. In other words, whoever is in the cabin with you when you reach Diamond status can have access to concierge privileges as long as you guys walk into the concierge club together. You will only be the one with the key.

I hope I answered your question.

Linda

Diamond Member status gets access to concierge; i.e., coffee all day, continental breakfast in the am; complimentary mixed drinks, wine and beer in the evening 5-8:30pm. Concierge will help you with ice skating tickets; tendering, spa scheduling, special restaurants.

Yes, you will be able to get $200 off a balcony after Diamond status. Your DH has his own C&A # and unless he goes on a cruise with you to reach Diamond status, no, he cannot take advantage of this offer if he sails alone. If he sails with you, and you are Diamond, yes, he can take advantage of Diamond status. In other words, whoever is in the cabin with you when you reach Diamond status can have access to concierge privileges as long as you guys walk into the concierge club together. You will only be the one with the key.

I hope I answered your question.

Linda

Actually, I'm not sure if this is correct...my husband has 1 more cruise than me because he took his first cruise with his parents while still in college. When he reached Diamond level I was automatically upgraded, too (was mailed a new card C&A card, travel docs showed "Diamond" beside both our names, and we got 2 keys to the concierge lounge -- and we are able to get the discount on 2 balcony cabins if we play "the name game" when we travel with our kids).

- PAGA

Actually, I'm not sure if this is correct...my husband has 1 more cruise than me because he took his first cruise with his parents while still in college. When he reached Diamond level I was automatically upgraded, too (was mailed a new card C&A card, travel docs showed "Diamond" beside both our names, and we got 2 keys to the concierge lounge -- and we are able to get the discount on 2 balcony cabins if we play "the name game" when we travel with our kids).

- PAGA

I'm wondering if that's the case. I guess I'll just have to take an extra cruise and find out! :D

- PAGA

You are correct! If you have the same address as someone, then everybody has the same C&A status.

My only comment to this actually leads to a question. My wife and I are Diamond members. My daughters who are 20 & 26 years of age still live at home. On our last cruise we were all four listed as diamond members. The girls are only entitled to Platinum status based on their cruise history. In another thread we were told that as long as you live under the same roof, the highest level in that family applies. A second poster stated this level would carry forward with them. I am not going to hazard a guess as to what is going on with the DDs, but ask just - what level will my girls carry forward from here on out??:confused:

I'll be one credit short of diamond status prior to my cruise next summer on Mariner.

What are the diamond benefits onboard? I know there's an additional $100 off the balcony cabin. Our cabin is just downstairs from the concierge lounge. What are the amenities of the concierge lounge?

I am considering taking a short cruise with a friend to earn the last credit. Would my husband automatically be moved to full diamond status if I did this? I.e., if he had not sailed 10 times and travelled without me, would he still have all the diamond amenities - balcony discount, concierge lounge, etc?

If a diamond member is travelling in the same cabin as a non diamond member, are there any amenities that they share? For example, I understand that on my next cruise as a Platinum member, my friend with whom I am travelling will have priority embarkation with me, as well as being able to wait in the disembarkation lunge with me. Are there any similar amenities that passengers in the same cabin as a diamond member share in?

Note - I am NOT going to sneak anyone anywhere. I'm just trying to decide if it's worth the $$ to take that extra cruise, to jump up a category before a 7 night on Mariner.

Thanks....

Real quick, yes. Your husband would be a diamond member. Heck, my son only went on 5 cruises but because of my cruises, he rec'd a welcome to Diamond member status letter. I will post more about the lounge when I have a moment if others dont beat me to it.

My only comment to this actually leads to a question. My wife and I are Diamond members. My daughters who are 20 & 26 years of age still live at home. On our last cruise we were all four listed as diamond members. The girls are only entitled to Platinum status based on their cruise history. In another thread we were told that as long as you live under the same roof, the highest level in that family applies. A second poster stated this level would carry forward with them. I am not going to hazard a guess as to what is going on with the DDs, but ask just - what level will my girls carry forward from here on out??:confused:

They will carry the Diamond status forward.

Of course I'm right Patrick. I'm ALWAYS right and I NEVER make a mistake.;) :D

Wrona!!! Sounds like a dang lawyer speaking!!!!!! (By the way, I have read your posts for months and love ya girl!!! "Tis absolutely cool that your are an original WGIG member!)

Wrona!!! Sounds like a dang lawyer speaking!!!!!! (By the way, I have read your posts for months and love ya girl!!! "Tis absolutely cool that your are an original WGIG member!)

Thanks, you guys should come join us on the Jewel. We're going to have an absolute blast of a time. Plus you can rack up some more C&A credits.

All of our kids are diamond because they live at the same address as we did even though they are gold on their own. they are all under 18

Our friends who are diamond as well said that as soon as their daughter turned 18 she was put back to gold even though she lived at home.

C&A seems to be very inconsistent with this. It's supposed to only be when they are living "at home" (with you). When they move out on their own, they go to whatever level they've actually earned through cruises they've been on.

(WECoyote: The rest of this post is absolutely not directed at you in any way. Just thought I should tell you that before I go off on my rant.)

Now, this may not make me very popular, but IMO that's the way it should be. "What's it to you?" someone might ask. Well, what it is to me is that already we're hearing that Diamond and Diamond+ members are needing their own Concierge lounge (which I think is a great idea). Why should status be inherited? On another thread, a member is talking about a daughter who "inherited" the parents Diamond status. Fine. Now, the adult daughter is getting married and cruising for a honeymoon. They expect that their daughter's DH will and should be granted Diamond status. Why? For marrying into the family? The new husband has never cruised before! I can certainly see giving him the status if that's what the daughter herself had earned, but she hasn't.

We've got a thread all about how it's "unfair" for those who take many short cruises to get the same number of credits for the cruises as those who take longer ones (say, 3 night vs. 10 night). Think that's unfair? How about getting Diamond status for no cruises? In fact, a couple of years ago there was a member who bragged that even though she is in her forties with teenage children, she called C&A and harranged them into granting her the same status as her mother (Diamond) because she was going to cruise with her mom that year. Then, she said she'd have that transferred to her children--who've never cruised in their lives--and presumably to their spouses someday.

I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but why should C&A level be inherited through the generations? I don't believe it should. They keep adding members who haven't earned the privilege and there won't be access or perks available. Then what will they do? Is it really fair to someone who has actually earned Diamond status (whether it be by long cruises or short) to give the same status to the children of the adult child of a Diamond member? They don't even live in the same town, much less the same house.

Phew! End of rant; that's been kind of bugging me for a while.

beachchick

You go on a cruise together.

Parents are Diamond members, and go to the lounge for cruises they have paid for and earned.

Kids aren't allowed in, because they are gold members?

Doesn't sound right to me.

For Diamond & Diamond Plus members & there were over 500 of us on Jewel 5.14-5.26 member cruise.

Seattle's Best stocks the coffeemaker & beans for latte, espresso, cappuccino which iis also available in decaf, as well as regular coffee both decaf & regular. Hot water for teas, hot cocoa or whatever.

Breakfast has fresh fruits, danish & donuts, cheese tray with crackers & breads, juices. Lunch as finger sandwichs, canapés, fresh fruits, with sodas as well as specialty coffees (which are 24/7).

5-PM is cocktails with hors de horves and he pours them with major amounts. Yes, we did take them to the showroom or dinner.... and Paul did a great mock Cosmo I nicknamed "Paul's Cosmo" so get it from him on Jewel.

C&A seems to be very inconsistent with this. It's supposed to only be when they are living "at home" (with you). When they move out on their own, they go to whatever level they've actually earned through cruises they've been on.

beachchick

I do not believe that this is correct. I recently inquired about this with a C&A rep, and they stated that a child will carry their parents level when they move out.

You go on a cruise together.

Parents are Diamond members, and go to the lounge for cruises they have paid for and earned.

Kids aren't allowed in, because they are gold members?

Doesn't sound right to me.

I think it is right that if kids didn't earn the status that they shouldn't be granted the status. Gee, if kids are allowed the same status, I guess I should say my son and daughter in law-and-granddaughter live with me, then we could all get diamond status when my daughter in law has never been on a cruise and my soon to be 1 year old grand hasn't either. (I know this is ridiculous and I certainly have no intention of doing what I have posted.)

If kids don't have the same status as parents, ie the gold/diamond, why should they be entitled to the benefits of diamond? Oh, maybe it's part of the ME generation, so my family is more important and entitled to things than the rest of the population. It's no wonder many kids today have screwed up values. That's my soapbox for today. Now, I will step down.

this may appear a silly question but can you transfer a credit to someone else, or if you are travveling with soneone who is not a C&A MEMBER can you put your # on there paperwork as well as your own.

Wow...I guess I got cheated! I cruised with my parents when I was a teen in the 80s - and went on 4 RCCL cruises with them. They were already both 10+ RCCL cruisers. In 1999, I took my mother on a cruise...her C&A card listed her as Diamond, but since I was just on my 5th RCCL cruise, mine was only reaching Platinum. But since I was living with them as a teen, and they were diamond status, I guess I should have had Diamond status too! ;)

I am a diamond member now, but had to earn it with an additional 5 cruises since those first 4. I must say, I understand the sentiment about families and kids not deserving to be automatically and permanently at their parents' C&A level. Maybe I could have thrown a stink and received Diamond status early - but I'm glad I didn't...Diamond status is something that should be earned, genuinely. Like each C&A level, it is a mark of how many RCCL cruises you've been on, not how many your family has been on. And the benefits received are meant to be a reward for those loyal passengers who booked many cruises with that line...not something that every person on the ship should be automatically rewarded because a relative or friend has qualified. That's not to say that I don't think a diamond member shouldn't be allowed to bring a relative on a particular cruise into the lounge...or that when travelling with friends or family they should be able to embark and debark with the diamond member. But I don't think they should be credited as a diamond member themselves.

I received enough of a benefit by having parents that took me on so many cruises when I was a teen - they got me to platinum level not because I received their level free, but because they brought me on 4 cruises with RCCL. They hooked me on cruising, and I've continued to cruise once per year ever since.

Anyway, back to the thread topic - I guess it's been well answered, but at the moment it does appear that your daughters are indeed credited at the same level as you since they are under your roof, and they will never be downgraded even if they move. Once you move 'up' to a certain category, RCCL doesn't drop you back down.

It has been our experience that you are NOT permitted to carry any drink out of the lounge, no matter where you are wanting to take it. That's why we never spend much time in there just drinking - there's too much other stuff we want to do:D

this may appear a silly question but can you transfer a credit to someone else, or if you are travveling with soneone who is not a C&A MEMBER can you put your # on there paperwork as well as your own.

No, the credits don't transfer. Each person earns their own credits for their own C&A account. So the person who isn't a C&A member will get their own cruise credit, and can sign up for C&A right after the cruise.

zackiedawg, were you living at home when you joined Crown and Anchor? Or maybe they've changed the rules since you joined. Sorry.:(

Archived