Just back from Voyager 6/18 - my review

As to the complaint about unruly teenagers: There were 3500 passengers, and over 500 were teenagers. Some, naturally, misbehaved. However, the worst behavior I witnessed was caused by adults. For example, there were loud and drunk adults. Adults went out early to save deck chairs, and actually saved TWO--one in the sun and one in the shade! Adults pushing and jumping lines. Adults screaming and swearing at each other. And finally, if kids are out at 2:00 a.m., drunk, we can safely say that adults were not properly supervising their children.

This is not meant to excuse poor behavior by the kids, only to put it in perspective. My observation was that only a small minority of kids and adults acted poorly.

We had a great time, but have accepted that 3500 people will have issues over nine days...

JordanF,

I didn't really witness any bad/loud/drunk behavior, but the saving of 2 chairs "one in the sun and one in the shade" by the pool was really annoying. We were by the pool (in the shade) on Friday and Saturday, and both days the chair by me was empty with a "marker" on it until early afternoon. The first day from 8 am (when we got there) until 2 pm when the woman who was saving it, but was sitting on the other side of us all day, had the nerve to come over and say she had "forgotten" she had saved it and moved her stuff. This was a blatant lie because she would come over off and on all day to put a cover-up on it or put a book on it and take the cover-up, etc. On Saturday the chair was empty until noon when the woman who left the towel there came by exclaiming that she couldn't remember which chair she had saved, but it had been in that vicinity and before 7:30 am, so I said I thought this must be hers, at which point she took her towel and went to another chair that someone else had saved for her. Nice.

Archived