hdawson

GinnyJ

This is from the Carnival Thread:

Ginny - I don't think you can get onto Corona Beach without paying the $35. That gets you onto the beach with drinks included. I saw it in April when we were there, but we just went to the beach next to it. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong. Anyone?

natvtxn

Is this true? Do you have to pay $35 to go to Corona Beach?

Ginny,

Just hop on the shuttle bus to the flea market and then walk a couple of blocks to the beach. You can buy your beer for $1-$2 @ and the food on the Malecon is great. Le Saint Bennoit is very good and will serve you right on the beach if you prefer. I have heard of other good places also, but have only tried the LSB and the mercado (market). There are some small boothes at the market where you can get some neat stuff. Both in the food line and the clothing and wares lines. I don't have any idea what I ate there,:o but it was goo-o-o-od! Take a walk farther away from the main drag and you can find some real bargains, like a bottle of water and a coke for $1 and shirts or sweats for $5- $6. Then there is the resort tour that Autoprogreso has to Reef Yucatan Resort. $30 gets you a trip to this nice, (read PLUSH) resort with a huge , gorgeous pool and an open bar. Tack on a trip to the Xcambo Ruins and you have BARGAIN with a capital B.

Everytime I think that I have done everything that there is to do, I find something new. Oh well, that just gives me an excuse to go back.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Clackey. You really should consider a land vacation to the area. Maybe Merida. I just returned a week ago and can't wait to go again. Maybe a month next time. Many nice hotels in the central historical area. There are concerts or folklorics every night of the week in one of the many plazas and then the weekly street fair Sat evening and all day Sunday till 1AM.

Clackey. You really should consider a land vacation to the area. Maybe Merida. I just returned a week ago and can't wait to go again. Maybe a month next time. Many nice hotels in the central historical area. There are concerts or folklorics every night of the week in one of the many plazas and then the weekly street fair Sat evening and all day Sunday till 1AM.
Hola , We are seriously considering a weeks stay. That may be the only way that I will see Chichen Itza the way it should be seen. I would hate to be herded through this great place without a chance to prowl, uh explore.:rolleyes: Miss Ginger said that I could retire when we are debt free. I'm putting both houses on the market. Maybe in a year I can do it.:D

Clackey. I have plenty of hotel websites and other information when you need it. And personal pics of some of the accomodations.
Hola Senor D,

I am sorry that I couldn't get back to you sooner. We had our telephone transfered to our new house and I didn't move my computer until today. I didn't know that I would miss these boards but after 3 days boardless I find it refreshing to be back. Corny, huh?

I would appreciate any info that you have. Miss Ginger and I have looked into retirement in Mexico. My pick is Oaxaca, but I can't retire right now anyway. (Not with 2 house payments.):(

Anybody want to buy a house in Mtn. Home, Arkansas?

hdawson,

We sure would like to see pictures from your latest trip!:p

...Still undecided on Corona Beach and Reef Yucatan ( RY is $45 for men and $40 for women. Food, drinks and all).

Your thoughts for a family of 6 ( 3 kids)(???)

Hi there!!

Day Pass

Men $45.00 usd

Woman $40.00usd

Include:

* Breakfast & lunch Buffet

* Snacks

* Domestic drinks, alcoholics and no alcoholic

* Activities during all day

* Fascilities

* Taxes & Tips

From 09am to 6:00pm

Room is not included.

Regards

Grisley Flores

Reservaciones

Hotel Reef Yucatán

Av. Prolongación de Montejo #225 planta baja por 48 y 50. Col. Montes de Amé

Mérida, Yucatán, México

Tel. 01 999 941 94 94

Fax.01 999 941 60 90

Lada sin costo 01 800 000 7333

E-mail. reservaciones@reefyucatan.com

Web Site. http://www.reefyucatan.com

Just got a email on the cost of children.

Children 1-7 years old Free 1, per adult

Children 8-12 years old $19.50 usd

Children 13-17 years old $27.50 usd

Grisley Flores

Reservaciones

Hotel Reef Yucatán

Av. Prolongación de Montejo #225 planta baja por 48 y 50. Col. Montes de Amé

Mérida, Yucatán, México

Tel. 01 999 941 94 94

Fax.01 999 941 60 90

Lada sin costo 01 800 000 7333

E-mail. reservaciones@reefyucatan.com