Any Hotels walking distance from Terminal 30?

Tinknock50

Tinknock50,

Terminal 30 is located in an industrial part of the Seattle waterfront. Since you will be in Seattle the day before your cruise, your best bet is to find a centrally located hotel that you can walk to Seattle tourist attractions (Pike Place Market, Seattle Center/Space Needle, restaurants etc). On the morning of the cruise I would just suggest a short & inexpensive cab ride to the ship.

Enjoy your visit!

Thanks Ferry Watcher.

We will be needed a wheelchair lift van for my Mom. I was trying to avoid the expense of hiring one to take us from the airport to a hotel and another in the morning to take us to port. The new Silver Cloud looks fairly close......1 mile from the port. We are traveling light so I can easily walk and push my Mom there. If there were a Hotel south Of Safeco, it would be even more possible. Is ther anything in that area?

Sean,

Personally, I wouldn't go south of Safeco. This is the more commercial/light industrial part of town. You would also come across more homeless and transient folks. I don't think it would be the most wheelchair accessible part of town either.

Thanks Ferry Watcher.

We will be needed a wheelchair lift van for my Mom. I was trying to avoid the expense of hiring one to take us from the airport to a hotel and another in the morning to take us to port. The new Silver Cloud looks fairly close......1 mile from the port. We are traveling light so I can easily walk and push my Mom there. If there were a Hotel south Of Safeco, it would be even more possible. Is ther anything in that area?

Sean--

Unless the ship were moored right outside the hotel, planning on schlepping your mom and a couple pieces of luggage down the street is just a bad idea. There simply aren't any hotels near Terminal 30 - it's an industrial port.

Best to get call a taxi company and request one that can handle folks in wheelchairs - they're out there and cost no more than a regular cabride.

Sean,

I'm not sure how much time you and your fellow travelers will have to explore Seattle. Since your mom will be in a wheelchair, staying at a centrally located hotel might be your best option. While I'm sure the Silver Cloud (on Fairview Ave?) is a lovely place, it is outside the DT Seattle core. It is near Lake Union and some restaurants. If you want to be able to walk out of your hotel door and into DT Seattle you might consider the Sheraton, the Roosevelt Hotel, the Westin and a variety of other hotels in the DT area.

As it was suggested, check the prices on Expedia and other such web-sites and even think about calling the hotel itself for a price. Prices can be high during the work week due to conventions and conferences, but they can be reasonable over the weekend. Good luck!

Dang.....my post didn't take.

Anyway.....

Ferry Watcher.....I was refering to the new Silver Cloud......one mile from Terminal 30....is supposed to be done this summer. The searches say it is now the closest Hotel to Terminal 30.

Brian.....luggage not a problem since we are packing light.....lumpy bump streets would probably be the biggest obstacle. Have 2 cruises for next May booked already so have to watch costs (and taxi fares) on this trip.:eek:

Seen Seattle thouroughy before, so was just looking for a convenient pre-cruise stay.

In the end, the flights worked out well arriving the same day. Allowed for a "buffer" flight in case this one is cancelled.

Thanks for the help,

No way would I try to walk and push a wheel chair. This industrial area is pretty rough (means, roads, no sidewalks) and there is limited roads crossing through all the container, industrial sites. We got lost and could see the ship but couldn't get going the right direction. There were several people ahead of us going up the gangway and they had to get assistance to push the wheelchairs, and power cart up the steep incline to board the ship. Try to conserve funds somewhere else and spend the money on the handicap taxi. The city of Seattle may have a special service too, I know our city does and it costs about $2.50 more than a regular bus ticket.

No way would I try to walk and push a wheel chair. This industrial area is pretty rough (means, roads, no sidewalks) and there is limited roads crossing through all the container, industrial sites. We got lost and could see the ship but couldn't get going the right direction. There were several people ahead of us going up the gangway and they had to get assistance to push the wheelchairs, and power cart up the steep incline to board the ship. Try to conserve funds somewhere else and spend the money on the handicap taxi. The city of Seattle may have a special service too, I know our city does and it costs about $2.50 more than a regular bus ticket.

Cruisingrams....re-read my last post......... I have already decided to arrive same day.....saving money and trouble that way. Will now only need a chair lift cab ride from airport to ship. Problem solved. :)

We stayed at the Edgewater last month, which is actually built on Pier 67. It was a great hotel and I believe they had a wheelchair-accessible shuttle; however, we did not use it because we had a rental car. The Edgewater is a bit high-end, and I have no doubt they could get your party to the ship appropriately.

Thursday while waiting to disembark the Zaandam at Terminal 30 I scanned the area to see if I could spot any hotels nearby. None. We stayed at the Homewood Suites downtown the day before the cruise and they advertise shuttles to Terminal 30 for $6 starting at 10 a.m. first come first served. We took a cab and didn't see any hotels close to the pier.

Thursday while waiting to disembark the Zaandam at Terminal 30 I scanned the area to see if I could spot any hotels nearby. None. We stayed at the Homewood Suites downtown the day before the cruise and they advertise shuttles to Terminal 30 for $6 starting at 10 a.m. first come first served. We took a cab and didn't see any hotels close to the pier.

Thanks for checking on that.

Archived