What's a Hump Balcony?

It's mid ship where there is a bump out kinda like a semi circle and the view is slightly better then if you were just flush with the length of the ship. If you look at the ship floor plans you will see it.

We were on the ninth floor of the Serenade of the Seas in a hump cabin and we loved it. My brother was next store to us. We were dead center of the ship and could see all the way to the front and back of the ship.

It's the part that is like a bump out in the middle of the ship.

We will definitely opt for the hump again. And it was close to everything including the elevators.

We will definitely opt for the hump again. And it was close to everything including the elevators.

Very true. We found the cabin location to be very convenient to all areas of the ship.

That's what I was hoping the answer was! We are booked on one of these for AOS 7/2/06, and it does look like you would be able to see much more.

Though, I was prepared to make it a 'hump' cabin, even if it wasn't one already. :D

We were on the "hump" last year in Alaska and going again on the "hump" (this time right in the middle) this year - in just a couple of weeks. The balconies on the middle of the hump are indeed larger, however the balconies on either end are smaller and irregular (triangular) in shape. Last year we were on the forward end and the balcony was smaller - however we really enjoyed the view. Even though you are out on the end, your pushed out over the ocean and have a much better view. On the middle of the hump you are cantilevered out over the water a bit. One additional advantage of the hump is that your just directly across from the elevators in the amidships, thus close to everything with the room very easily accessible. In October we had one of the stern cabins to Mexico, and my wife complained that is was such a far walk for anything..... Actually, both locations have various advantages, with the view from either equally stunning in their own right.

Mildred's other half.....

Well...I'll soon find out how much better the "hump" might be...If June 30, 2007 is really "soon", that is...

On May 1, when they opened up the bookings for the Liberty of the Seas (new ship launching in May 2007), I jumped right in and snagged #8338 for my cruise...it's one of those "middle humps"...

Seems like it may be somewhat analogous to the cabin I had on Celebrity Constellation last March...The Celebrity M-Class ships have "secrets"...something that doesnt show up on the published deck plans...

If you ever cruise on one of these, get one of the first eight balcony cabins forward on Deck six only...and for the best view, get #6030 or #6035...

Those 16 cabins have balconies TWICE the size of most of the balconies on the ship...and 6030 and 6035 are the last two of the 16...and jut out pretty far from the balconies behind it...So, when you look toward the back of the ship from your balcony, you have an unobstructed view of the whole ship...almost like standing away from the ship and looking back at it...

Plus, you can tip your cabin steward to steal you a couple of chaisse lounges from the top deck...they fit nicely on the oversized balcony...

We had #6035...

Archived