Meals to Go?

bepsf

I forgot to mention in my earlier post, that when we flew Air Canada to Osaka in April to board our Asian cruise, we were in coach. However, we were served two meals and a snack on the outward bound flight--I had salmon and it was quite tasty. On our return from HK, we again had two meals and our snack that time was a very large "Cup of Noodles" accompanied by chopsticks. I would fly AC again, if the occasion arose. Good service. Ciao! hmh

I brought an apple from the ship and it was confiscated at the airport when going through security in San Juan. I heard there can be heavy fines. I have also heard you aren't allowed to take certain foods off the ship for excursions but have never seen anyone actually checking.

In my three trips from seattle to NY this year we have only been sold $7 snack boxes that aren't bad. However, seattle and chicago airports both have restaurants that do well with foods that can be taken on the plane.

I usually pick up a sandwhich, salad or whatever at the airport and it has always worked out well.

We were not that enamored of the food with HAL to feel the need to take any of it with us! :eek:

Okay, If I could have a great steak, some of those wonderful chocolate dipped strawberries, a piece of dover sole, a piece of the wonderful china with me it would be a treat...

but for me taking the cabin steward and my dinner head waiter for a year and returning him on my next cruise would be like winning the lottery!

Linda

The box lunch is an interesting idea, but as a rule, I wouldn't bring any food to the airport because it has to go through security screening. I once had a screener fumble around in the small cooler of frozen, home made perogies that my mother gave me on my way to the airport. I had watched him inspect the top, bottom, and inside of the sneakers of the guy ahead of me :eek:. I could not make the screener understand the word "food" before he opened the cooler and handled the perogies with the same gloves he had used to reach inside the sneakers.

Archived