Pretty Proud of Myself

vesw01

I was trying to find a way to "earn more" from my cruise. People have talked about great deals, OBC etc by shopping around, and I had yet to find anything. I finally made a call to an agency other than Carnival and was able to earn almost 9000 FF miles on the airline we fly on.....I guess that is better than nothing.......... we already have enough points for one free ticket and this just puts us that much closer (plus I will earn miles when I fly down to the cruise)!! I know this may not be a big deal to other people, but the more I can get for my dollar the better :rolleyes:

I just went to the seamiles website last night to check out the credit card. Since I'm going on the Victory and Paradise in the coming months I could earn double points paying for those. If I have 25,000 points, how much will that get me off my cruise?

I just went to the seamiles website last night to check out the credit card. Since I'm going on the Victory and Paradise in the coming months I could earn double points paying for those. If I have 25,000 points, how much will that get me off my cruise?

Not much Picklebongo, at 45,000 points the 5 day cruise is Free. I used 45,000 points to pay for half my Valor cruise so it came out to 295.00 At 62,000 to 80,000 points the 7 day cruise is free. Yes you do earn double points when using your card to book your cruise and also using it for your sail and sign card. If you recd your bill online, you also get 5000 points to get that done. This does away with Paper bills sent in the mail.

I use my card for home improvement, shopping and paying some of the bills so it adds up quickly. My Trane A/C system for the home cost 10,000 so thats 10,000 points there. I got a Trane Rebate for 1000.00 so I got a free 1000 points out of the SeaMiles card.

Fred

Right now the cruise is only costing me $495 pp for a balcony (cat 8a). I could have used other miles (through another company) but only saved $200 - to me I could use those miles towards a more expensive flight. Considering I don't fly much (or only once year) earning one or two free flights per year is worth it to me (we earned 5 free tickets to Hawaii @ Thanksgiving). It is my husband's dream to go back to Hawaii, possibly a cruise and a couple free airline tickets (from Chicago) would at least make the crusie much more cost effective. Some people enjoy the Seamiles card, I like using a card that gives me other options than being locked into one (airline, cruise etc)....

Great idea Fred, I really appreciate the input and welcome back to the boards!

Archived