which are the blocked rooms on Infinity? 6143?

minniemom

I guess I didn't make myself clear, we are doing CC and our room number is 8095. I had heard about blocked view rooms, I had read that our room doesn't have a blocked balcony, but some rooms do, and some friends of ours are wondering about room # 6143 and wondered if it was a blocked room view? Is 6143 a CC class too?

Cabin #6143 is a fantastic CC cabin. No blocked views, located between Suites, and extremely quiet. Grab it if available.

Karyn

6143 and 6144 are two of the best CC cabins on the ship.

It should be noted that there are no room on Millennium class ships with obstructed views. I don't like deck nine because of the overhang of deck ten. I would also stay away from the CC cabins forward of the Celebrity Suite and the first few balcony cabins starting from forward on any deck.

Albert

6143 and 6144 are two of the best CC cabins on the ship.

It should be noted that there are no room on Millennium class ships with obstructed views. I don't like deck nine because of the overhang of deck ten. I would also stay away from the CC cabins forward of the Celebrity Suite and the first few balcony cabins starting from forward on any deck.

Albert

Actually there are a couple of rooms where the balcony is blocked by the windowwashing apparatus. If memory serves me correctly the cabins are forward.

I believe I read where 8043 and 8041 have the window washing stuff between them.

Also on my list of undesirable cabins are: 8108, 8100, 8102, 9100, 9094, 7136, 7142 and 9096.

Don't ask me why!!! I just wrote down these numbers as "undesirables".

If you do book 6143, be sure to keep the door to your balcony locked because that balcony is not totally private. A side door connects the balcony of 6143 to an adjoining service area, so anyone who enters the service area from the hallway can gain access to your balcony. There is also another door on the opposite side of the balcony that connects it to the balcony next door, part of some sort of emergency escape route. It might make a nice arrangement for friends or family members traveling together because they could leave the door between the two balconies open.

If you do book 6143, be sure to keep the door to your balcony locked because that balcony is not totally private. A side door connects the balcony of 6143 to an adjoining service area, so anyone who enters the service area from the hallway can gain access to your balcony. There is also another door on the opposite side of the balcony that connects it to the balcony next door, part of some sort of emergency escape route. It might make a nice arrangement for friends or family members traveling together because they could leave the door between the two balconies open.

I agree. We only saw staff in the service area around four times during the whole week but did notice our balcony was not secure. We always made sure our balcony door was locked in the evening and when we left our room. Not a big deal.

We just got back from a 3 night repo on the Infinity and had CC stateroom 9092. This room did have the window washing equipment right outside, to one side of the balcony. If this had been my first cruise with a balcony, I definitely would have asked to be moved, since Celebrity does not make note of obstructions in any of their brochures. But since we had done this itinerary before, and plan to do it again, I just let it be. It did not detract from looking straight out. I'm just glad my friends who had flown in from Colorado for this little cruise did not end up with this!

Actually there are a couple of rooms where the balcony is blocked by the windowwashing apparatus. If memory serves me correctly the cabins are forward.

Well that is not actually blocked; a blocked room is one where your view is totally obstructed (like by a life boat). The window cleaning platforms can be aft or forward; depends where they park them. We had a balcony cabin where we had the platform parked between the two balconies. It was strange at first but after a while, we did not even notice it.

Albert

Archived