Turku Shipyard?

Looking at tours Celebrity offers for Helsinki, Finland. We are in port 11 hours, but they don't offer tours to Aker-Finn shipyard in Turku. It looks like it shouldn't be more than a 2 hour drive. I'd love to see where the Royal Caribbean and Celebrity ships are built. Does anyone offer tours that go there?

Guest LetMeGo
Looking at tours Celebrity offers for Helsinki, Finland. We are in port 11 hours, but they don't offer tours to Aker-Finn shipyard in Turku. It looks like it shouldn't be more than a 2 hour drive. I'd love to see where the Royal Caribbean and Celebrity ships are built. Does anyone offer tours that go there?

I've never heard of public tours, but it never hurts to ask them directly for a private tour, especially in the "downtime" at summer. Here are the contact numbers for the Aker Finnyards.

Tel. +358 10 6700

Fax +358 10 670 6700

The drive is longer than it looks... There has been major roadworks on the old Helsinki-Turku road for years,and I'm not sure the new road is finished. The shipyard might also be a bit tricky to find, as there are no directions on the road!

If you do manage to get a tour, it should take approx. two hours to tour the more significant places, and you might even get to visit a ship depending on what phase it is on...

Archived