Rome to France to London

knarf

After our cruise in the Med. next Oct. 07, we thought that as long as we were over "there" (lord knows if we'll ever get back,) we thought maybe we would like to go to France and then maybe on to London then back home to PA. One problem I see is that we would have to "lug" our cruise luggage along with us. Another problem is money,but that is what credit cards are for. Anyone done something like this ???? Is airfare reasonable to these different places ?? Any suggestions ??? ideas ?? Just a thought we had !!!!!!!:) Thanks everybody. Take care, Knarf (Frank backwards)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

We visited London and Paris on our way from Australia last year and we found the best way was to have a stopover en route in London for 4 days then we took a cheap return flight with British Airways to Paris for 4 days. That worked out cheaper than going to Paris then on to Rome.

I know someone went on British Airways from the US last year and they got a stopover plus free accommodation in London. I know you would be doing it the other way round - coming back- but that's what I would suggest you try to do. Get a stopover in London on the way back then get a cheap return flight to Paris then back to London and home from there.

Another idea is to take the Eurostar train from London if you can get a good deal. We found it cheaper to take the flight rather than the train.

Hope this helps.

Joyce

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Queenslander,

Thank you for the information. We are still thinking about maybe a London-Paris postcruise trip. I think it is something we would like to do if we can solve the luggage problem and work out air connections. How does a stopover work-when you make air reservations do I still make roundtrip arrangements ? How do you work in a couple day stopover when you are booking on line. Or do I make roundtrip fares from US to London and then make seperate roundtrip fares for London to Rome I apprerciate the help.

Thanks for the help. Take care, Frank

Hi Frank,

We just booked roundtrip airfares from here to Rome through a travel agent with stopovers in London and Bangkok last time. I don't know how that would work on line though. The only fares I've ever booked online have been roundtrip without stopovers.

Because we were only allowed 2 stopovers on our last trip we booked a separate cheap roundtrip fare between London and Paris which worked out well.

Joyce

Archived