Spirit~Bahama's Question

AnneNchris

Hi:) we are going on the spirit next week and I recieved my tickets last week and going thriugh everything...I founjd the card I need to fill out for the bahama's and realized it asks for a passport number...I am under the impression that you do not need a passport, but now I am very worried...I have a passport but my husband does not...sorry to be a pain...but I am really hoping someone has an answer for me:(

The last I knew the goverments were not fully implementing the new passport requirements until December 31, 2007.

I would have your husband check in with his original or state certified birth certificate to prove citizenship and his license to prove identity. Also, now that you are booked register online at the NCL website: http://www.ncl.com/more/prepare_cruise.htm.

There can be no refund of a cruise fare if a guest is prevented from boarding, denied entry into another country or subject to a fine, for lack of proper documentation.

CURRENT REQUIREMENTS:

To enter The Bahamas, U.S. citizens need one of the three documents listed below, accompanied by a return or onward journey ticket and proof of funds to support the visit. Stays not to exceed eight months.

Passport

Current or expired (up to a maximum of five years since expiration date).

OR

Official Birth Certificate

For persons 17 years of age and older:

An original certificate issued by the U.S. Govt. or court-certified copy (raised or ink seal) is required, accompanied by an Official Photo ID issued by the U.S. Govt. (driver’s license, or voter's card). Current and expired IDs are accepted. Student Photo ID alone is not acceptable as adequate documentation.

NOTE: A laminated credit card-sized birth certificate is acceptable, as long as it is an original or certified copy (raised or ink seal).

OR

Original Naturalization/Citizenship Certificate

An original certificate is required, accompanied by a recent photo if photo on naturalization paper is not recent.

Hope this helps, you can go to www.bahamas.com for additional information!! Have a great time I loved it last August.

Archived