Malbork Castle Tour Poland

cs1

Has anyone done this tour in Poland? We are wondering if it is spectacular enough to warrant the drive out and what is so special about it.

Thanks

CS

I toured this castle in the mid-70's ... I was certainly impressed by the massive very "teutonic" structure and all the passages in & out, up and down.

Take a look at the wikopedia article to get an idea

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malbork

Last summer my DH and I split up in Poland. I wanted to visit Stutthoff with the group we toured St. Petersburg with, he wanted to visit Malbork. After returning back to the ship, he shared that the Princess tour to Malbork was not the best experience. He said that they really didn't spend a lot of time in the castle, he loves to wander and that lunch was very rushed and the food not all that great. I on the other hand had a great day. For $65 USD, we had a private tour of Stutthoff concetration camp, a tour of Gdansk and stopped at Sopot on the way back to the ship.

Has anyone done this tour in Poland? We are wondering if it is spectacular enough to warrant the drive out and what is so special about it.

Thanks

CS

I don't know when your going but we have a private tour planned to do both Malbork Castle and Gdansk. Honestly, I could not have done a bus tour with those stops. The guides have to herd alot of people from one area to the next and it all takes time so to me, the best thing was to do a small tour and at least (or I hope) get to enjoy some of the details.

I'll post back on the board once we do but not sure if it will help in your preplanning.

Julia

Thanks to all who helped me on this one. We have a private tour and because of the time limitations (we want to dine and shop in Gdansk) we have decided to do a tour of Gdansk area with the private guide only.

We are one the star July 14.

CS

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived