Hop on hop off buses Dublin

I apologise, yes, I know Dublin is not in Britain, but I thought that this would be the best forum to post this.

Does anyone know if the hop on hop off bus goes anywhere near the port and if not, where would be the closest point to pick up this tour?

Thanks in advance.

I apologise, yes, I know Dublin is not in Britain, but I thought that this would be the best forum to post this.

Does anyone know if the hop on hop off bus goes anywhere near the port and if not, where would be the closest point to pick up this tour?

Thanks in advance.

There is a lot of info re the HO/HO on the other boardLink below),but the bus does not go near the port...you will have to get into the city center(Grafton Street area is where they start...not sure if htere is any closer to the port,but I do not think so.

.Cruise Critic Message Boards - British Isles/Western Europe

thanks for the replies and for moving this post. I must say that it is a bit confusing as when one goes to the boards and then click on ports of call, the British Isles and western Europe forum does not show up.

We are on RCI Jewel of the Seas. 6/19.

The shuttle option will be fine. I am used to Celebrity's shuttles where there is no charge.

From recent posters, it has been reported that Celebrity has gone the "nickel & diming" its passengers route & is now charging a shuttle fee.

They are probably feeling the pinch of higher fuel prices in Europe etc...

they are also in the business to make a profit

Not many cruiselines give a free shuttle theses days.

There is a lot of info re the HO/HO on the other boardLink below),but the bus does not go near the port...you will have to get into the city center(Grafton Street area is where they start...not sure if htere is any closer to the port,but I do not think so.

.Cruise Critic Message Boards - British Isles/Western Europe

You can get on at any appropriate bus stop and do the whole tour in stages (some of them from memory the Castle, Guinness Factory, Grafton Street, Dublin Zoo and many more). I go on them every time I am in Dublin, and highly recommend the green and cream ones (there are two companies operating them).

Enjoy this beautiful city, Mary

Archived